GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show us your MK7

grembal

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit, '99 MX5
New owner here, lost my Fiesta ST in an accident a few weeks ago and picked this up shortly after.
SOCGTIe19.jpg

Looking forward to some fun times with the GTI

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Sure, here’s the backs

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Many thanks, I like it.

TBH, I'm at a bit of a cross roads with the car at present. This is my 3rd MK7 (7.5) on the run (with an early 2013 GTD and a 2016 GTD preceding the current GTI from May 2018). Lately I've just felt that it's all too familiar and (dare I say) boring. Also, as I'm (*cough*) the wrong side of 55, part of me thinks I should be driving something more mature.

Amazingly, I've been quite taken by the new 2020 3 series BMW (the G20), but I always swore I'd never own a BMW, as here in the UK, BMW drivers are known as being right tw*ts, constantly right up your backside on the motorway (freeway), never indicating etc. but I think that is more stereotypical than the truth these days (I actually think Audi drivers in the UK now wear that cap). :p

To be honest as nice as the new BMW is, I do think part of the attraction it is that it has new toys and would obviously feel totally different to me, as I've never owned a BMW before, but that after 6 months or so, the newness would wear off (as it does with most cars) and I would then be in the same position only now with a large finance loan on the new car (as the spec'd model comes in at over £45k ($56k)), whereas the GTI is totally paid for. Looking at threads like these, are helping me realise that the GTI is pretty much all the car anyone needs, and that chasing the latest technology on newer and other marques is a fools errand ?

Doesn't stop me looking though ?

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I am convinced I need UK market seats now. It is not fair they get the cool seats ( As in the Clubsport GTI seats). I went so far as to get all the part number's needed to assemble Clubsport seats, the only problem is I can't actually order the parts from my local dealer.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Amazingly, I've been quite taken by the new 2020 3 series BMW (the G20), but I always swore I'd never own a BMW, as here in the UK, BMW drivers are known as being right tw*ts, constantly right up your backside on the motorway (freeway), never indicating etc. but I think that is more stereotypical than the truth these days (I actually think Audi drivers in the UK now wear that cap). :p

Weird that we have the same stereotype in the States. There must be some truth to it. 😏

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
Nothing special yet but here’s new to me 2015 from my mk4. Just sold my mk4 Sunday and got the mk7 2 weeks prior.

Attachments

• CCEFA339-28D7-41DC-91A0-0BDD291A3500.jpeg
    CCEFA339-28D7-41DC-91A0-0BDD291A3500.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 129
  • B2CB5C0F-2ECF-428A-8C58-F937198BEE7C.jpeg
    B2CB5C0F-2ECF-428A-8C58-F937198BEE7C.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 110