GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shopping for New Monitor

bonix

Ready to race!
I have it narrowed down between:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236049

and

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...&cs=19&c=us&l=en&dgc=SS&cid=39715&lid=1003767

the dell 2410 is more expensive but is going to be on sale this weekend for $480. It is also an IPS panel compared to the TN on the asus? The differences in panel types still confuse me even though ive done some research. It would be mostly for gaming and simple web browsing. From what I can tell the TN panels have lower response times but the IPS has much better colors. It seems that IPS is more for hardcore photoshop/graphic design type work. Anyone knowledgeable on this?

The market for monitors is really retarded. Tons of bogus specs and misleading reviews. uggghhh

ASCI_Blue

Ballin'
Get the IPS panel. I've had a number of monitors over the years and my ancient Hydis Hitachi 17" was beautiful and I always wondered why nothing could touch it. Back in october I picked up a 26" LG LCD television for my computer and couldn't be happier since it has an IPS panel. Also a claimed response time of 2.4 ms so my response time is on par with a TN.

You most likely wouldn't notice ghosting anyway, so many people full of shit on this one. That Hitachi had a 20ms panel and after a few lan parties no one could see ghosting.

bonix

Ready to race!
I'm just not sure its worth the extra 300. I have a older dell ultrasharp that has lasted me 9 years so I only can assume they still have that build quality. You get what you pay for and 200 seems a little low for a high end monitor

AdvanSuper

Banned
$200 for a 24" is typical.

If you don't need to image quality of an IPS then don't get it.

bonix

Ready to race!
Heh random this got bumped today. I bought an asus ve247h LED last night. I like it so far but havent really done anything with it yet.