GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shenanigans

Sailor737

Ready to race!
I traded in my Leased 2015 Golf TDI for my 2015 Golf R. I went to the dealer and they agreed upon a certain amount for my trade in vs the payoff and I paid the difference out of pocket. A few days later my automatic payment for my Traded in TDI came out of my checking account. Normally if a payment on a traded in vehicle comes out they send you a refund in the mail however that is not the case. Fast forward three weeks till now and I contact the dealer and they say to just show VW Credit my release of liability from 02May. However VW Credit says that the dealer took their time paying off my trade in and they also got an updated payoff amount that reflected the payment that came out after my release of liability. So this means that the dealer paid about $420 less than they were supposed to. VW Credit says that it's not their problem and to take it up with the dealer.

I'm super pissed. I had to drive a couple hours to get my R, the last thing I'm going to do is drive back there to fight about money with their financing department.

Suggestions? Doesn't a release of liability and agreed upon payoff mean anything? Thanks!

SneakyDeeky

Ready to race!
I'd be pissed but just eat it as its not worth the headache or time. Maybe complain enough and get some free formats or something.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Hmm.. reminds me of the collapse of Slemons Imports, the MBZ dealer in Newport Beach, in the '80s.. Slemons was broke, and they weren't paying off the trades they were taking in. Of course it all caught up with him quickly, and MBZ booted him and the dealership was taken over by Fletcher Jones. Hopefully something similar isn't happening with your VW dealer. Sounds shady as hell.

Sailor737

Ready to race!
The dealer is claiming that they ONLY paid the agreed upon amount so they aren't sure where my money is. They're having a "Regional" person contact VW Credit. I also contacted VW Group and filed a complaint yesterday so hopefully they'll send an email to the dealer or something