GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling to Carmax

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
How old is it? Really low offers from the online places is usually the "we don't want to buy it but have to give you a price" price. They aren't in the business of selling older "somewhat drivable" vehicles.
its older, 2002. I just put a good bit of money into it as it needed general care (tires, brakes, battery, other things). I think a dealer could probably get 10k for it. I was surprised when I got an offer of 1800 from online, even in mint condition every (the items you can select) it went to like 2300. I guess they expect it to flip for 4-6 on average but also don't want to deal with older it seems is the bigger issues.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
its older, 2002. I just put a good bit of money into it as it needed general care (tires, brakes, battery, other things). I think a dealer could probably get 10k for it. I was surprised when I got an offer of 1800 from online, even in mint condition every (the items you can select) it went to like 2300. I guess they expect it to flip for 4-6 on average but also don't want to deal with older it seems is the bigger issues.

If its an 02 then thats definitely the we don't want to buy it from you price. Carmax and vroom won't sell any cars older than 2010. Carvana 2009. All they'd do is turn around and send it to auction, so the offer is below what they consider wholesale.

If you actually want to sell it you'd be better getting a price from a buy here pay here place or a Ford/GM/Dodge dealer as I know they're all desperate for trucks.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Don't go too far, do you even VW, bro?

I'm just a confused Ford owner at the moment. The Bronco Sport forum is full of idiots. I asked if anyone knew how the stock fuel system handled E30 and was met with derision and bewilderment and declarations that I was going to blow it up. Hope you'll let me linger.

Summer 2023 with used MK8 Rs (or M2s) selling for under MSRP needs to hurry up and get here.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'm just a confused Ford owner at the moment. The Bronco Sport forum is full of idiots. I asked if anyone knew how the stock fuel system handled E30 and was met with derision and bewilderment and declarations that I was going to blow it up.

Summer 2023 and used MK8 Rs selling for under MSRP needs to hurry up and get here.
Maybe I'll hate mine and will make you a deal. I've been eyeing two door full sized Broncos as a strange alternative recently, maybe I'll see just how dumb the forums are.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Maybe I'll hate mine and will make you a deal. I've been eyeing two door full sized Broncos as a strange alternative recently, maybe I'll see just how dumb the forums are.

I'd imagine the big bronco forums aren't as bad since I feel like you'll have more "car guys" getting into the big one. Most of the sport owners are people coming from escapes and rav4s.

Do I JB4 my sport, run e30 and take it to the drag strip while I wait for you to sell me your lightly used, completely unmolested, never driven at full throttle mk8?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I'd imagine the big bronco forums aren't as bad since I feel like you'll have more "car guys" getting into the big one. Most of the sport owners are people coming from escapes and rav4s.

Do I JB4 my sport, run e30 and take it to the drag strip while I wait for you to sell me your lightly used, completely unmolested, never driven at full throttle mk8?
Driven by mature dad, never abused...

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm just a confused Ford owner at the moment. The Bronco Sport forum is full of idiots. I asked if anyone knew how the stock fuel system handled E30 and was met with derision and bewilderment and declarations that I was going to blow it up. Hope you'll let me linger.

Summer 2023 with used MK8 Rs (or M2s) selling for under MSRP needs to hurry up and get here.
You're absolutely welcome to stay. 👍