GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Selling my laptop. Could use a few pointers...

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Alright, so less than a year ago I bought a near fully loaded Dell laptop. Sans the graphics card, this thing might as well be one of their XPS systems. So from then until now I've just learned to hate Windows based PCs. I've had to reformat once and that wasn't fun. I have Norton, Spyware doctor and many adware/spyware programs. I've never had a virus, just problems that have led me to believe it is an error in the registry. This does not mean the computer itself is defective. It can be fixed by reformatting, and I have, and it seemingly is gone. Even still, I just want a Mac.

Cutting to the point, I just wanted to list the specs, see where the best place to sell it would be and get an estimate on how much to expect (the money gained will be going towards a Macbook pro :headbang: )

Specs:
Dell Inspiron 9300
Windows XP Media Center Ed.
Media Center Remote
TV Tuner
1.86 GHz Centrino
1.00 GB of RAM
100 GB Hard drive (actual space: 88.4)
17" SuperBrite screen
ATI Mobility Radeon X300
Max Resolution: 1920x1200
DVD-RW drive
6 USB ports
1 Firewire port
Audio in/out jacks
Video out
Printer port
56k and Ethernet jacks
Blue tooth
Internal Wireless
Wireless card port
Front side media buttons (I already know I'll miss them)
9 Cell battery (norm. is 6)

That is about all I can think of. It's been a great PC, it's a fast little machine, but it just annoys me with Windows stability (I HATE having to reformat).

When I purchased it, which was late June of '05, it cost a bit over $2,400 and I'd like to see more than half come out of it.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
try craigslist or ebay local to get the most exposure. BTW, they designed windows to break so techs like me can have a job. :)

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
I hear ya man. I bet that's a good business to be in. Windows users are ALWAYS going to need help.

I am pretty interested in see how Vista does though...

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Hate to say this but I think $1200 my be pushing it... last fall I got a 9300 with 2gb, the better screen, 100gb hd 3 year service plan... I paid $1500 for it.

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Vivid said:
Hate to say this but I think $1200 my be pushing it... last fall I got a 9300 with 2gb, the better screen, 100gb hd 3 year service plan... I paid $1500 for it.

Ouch! Well crap. If I can get at LEAST a grand I'd be alright...

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
08 Lexus ISF
Deagle said:
Ouch! Well crap. If I can get at LEAST a grand I'd be alright...
:S Dell has been offering some sick deals on laptops. I've seen many laptops offered by dell around the same spec for 600 bucks. I would try to sell it before July 4th if possible or wait a week or two after it. I have a hunch there'll be another killer deal on a laptop, and once it comes out you'll probably have a hard time selling it on ebay ;).

gti5dr06

Autocross Newbie
with the right deals a brand new dell could be had for around eight to nine hundred..so I wouldn't bet on getting that much for it...especially since the P-M's are being phased out already

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Deagle, goto Ebay and see what similar laptops have sold for and are selling for with "buy it nows"... check your loacal craigslist too.

that will be your best bet to find out how much its worth... good luck