GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Seatbelt lock - could somebody do a quick test?

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
If you pull your driver's seatbelt ALL the way out, then let it back in, does this engage the safety lock (ratchet) or not? All my other seats do this but not the driver's seat, worried my latching mechanism might be broken.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
I think he means can you pull it out and as it retracts it will stay locked until you unbelt. To my knowledge the front driver seat doesn't do this.

bfury5

Autocross Champion
That's what I meant... Sorry if I wasn't clear
AH no worries at all, misunderstanding on my part! The front seat belt not locking is one of the reasons I've been looking at a 4-point for autox, tired of bruising my knee against the console

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
AH no worries at all, misunderstanding on my part! The front seat belt not locking is one of the reasons I've been looking at a 4-point for autox, tired of bruising my knee against the console
Yeah, lots of the autocross guys do the lower seat-snug lock belt-raise seat maneuver. It's a pita but it does work, and on track it holds me in well enough for the most part. I feel like the stock seats need more bolstering around the waist/butt and less at the upper trap area for me, however if I go any route it will likely be to the schroth quick fit pro or full cage/FIA seat. :/

bfury5

Autocross Champion
Yeah, lots of the autocross guys do the lower seat-snug lock belt-raise seat maneuver. It's a pita but it does work, and on track it holds me in well enough for the most part. I feel like the stock seats need more bolstering around the waist/butt and less at the upper trap area for me, however if I go any route it will likely be to the schroth quick fit pro or full cage/FIA seat. :/
Agreed on the bolstering, my shoulders feel like they're getting pinched while my legs are left sliding around. Full cage / FIA seat would be the move if I was doing full track stuff. For autox (and only autox, not on the street) I'd be okay with the quick fit just to hold me in. I haven't even looked into a seat change but I assume it's a PITA

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
You could do a ghetto version of what F1 drivers do, and wear something similar to a volleyball knee pad to prevent that.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Thanks all. Some other cars I've been in let you use the child lock to get the seatbelt ratcheted down. Works a treat for autox, was hoping maybe mine was broken.

The quickfit is definitely tempting for autox use though (and only autox use).