GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Say (demand) no to dealer washes!

Golpher1

Ready to race!
Brought my ~2 month old (& detailed, non-dealer) GTI in for a badge change (both front VW & GTI badges had stains on them). Also had to get a Nav update done.

Dealer couldn't do the Nav update due to being busy, :mad: , ended up cracking the VW badge & wasn't confident in removing the GTI badge without damaging the grill. I left the dealer with a busted VW badge ie. Waste of a trip across town :mad:

To make things worse, they decided to wash the car too (without asking me) - by the time I returned back to the dealer, it was in the wash booth.

I pride myself on keeping the exterior of my car swirl-free, & only use professional products/cloths to get that job done....No one washes my car except for me. Hence I was horrified to see it in the wash booth, with a guy using a sponge on my recently detailed paint (which would have cleaned the original swirls placed on the paint from the dealers first clean before I initially picked it up from the dealer 2 months ago).

Shocking day..

Now I notice swirls over the paint, but can't say for sure if they were already there (should've checked the car more thoroughly when I got it) & am cursing at what the dealer did, though the anger's subsiding as time goes on...

Was hoping the detailing would last years, but now think it may already be ruined/tainted!

Friggin dealer....

o-iii1

Ready to race!
I keep a sign in my glove box that I put on the dash every time I take the car in to the dealer. It says "Please do not wash". Simple but effective.

Savage_383

There isn't much that ticks me off more than a grimy dealer sponge touching my car that I just spent 4 hours detailing inside and out.

I suggest a Gtechniq Crystal Serum or Cquartz coating. Can be a bit pricey, but way worth it if you hate swirl marks as much as I do. No matter how careful you are, shit happens.

gyunen

Say hello to the #BlackMamba !!! Follow me on instagram @karguru ... Very nice pics of my VW GTi 2016 Apr Stage 1, Carbonio Intake, GFB DV+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk