GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sad story... sort of

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
My hommie came over to chill... we did some mod to his MKIV GTI. Blacked out the emblem and bumper markers, everthing was going good. While we waiting for the paint to dry, I asked if I can drive his car (APR 91, Magnaflow DP + Catback, he also cut the tall stock shifter). Now he has a bad clutch to begin with... while getting on it, I missed second and grinded pretty bad. Afterwards we stopped at a light... while trying to go.. I couldnt get into first! It was not going into 1st gear! pulled over and popped the hood. Shifter clearance was good. Nothing in the way of movement, but still no 1st! so I had to drive back to my place starting from 2nd. I removed the shifter assembly and put back together, still no first, no cel either. Bad part is my hommie lives about 60 miles away, he came all the way out here to chill and I fucked up his 1st gear. Oh well, he wants a 20th tranny anyways (he thinks with the extra gear he can atleast keep up with me :p)... sorry for the long story, but thanks for reading. Just thought it was kinda sad / funny, he was laid back the whole time too, never got mad either... lolz

ShangoAshe

Drag Racing Champion
haha wow... i'm suprised he wasn't pissed! haha and that wat u call a real good friend!!

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
Yea, he's a true bud. And yes he told it has happend twice before, but he was able to get into 1st after 30mins... I was hoping it would be able to get back in after 30mins, but nope. Maybe I fucked it up good this time.

Back when I was stock...
Pics of said GTI:

Attachments

• DSC03792.JPG
    DSC03792.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 562

Rabbit82

Touring Car Newbie
my bros MKIV GTI which is mine now had its transmission replaced at 12,000 miles!!! same thing happened but the only thing it wouldn't let him go in any gear it was stuck.... VW replaced it with a BRAND NEW tranny under warranty

i would tell ur friend to go to VW and get it replaced for free....how many miles does he have and what year is his car????

my gti is nicely modded also with
APR 93 Octane Software(was on stock mode when taken in)
AEM CAI
Techtonics Tuning TurboBack 2.5''

and still replaced it under warranty at first they tried sayin it was the cai and tbe that caused it my bro told them there is no way a cai and tbe can cause that....I would try takin it to vw..

Last edited:

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
its a 2005 GTI w/ 15k miles. APR 91, Magnaflow exhaust, he put the engine bay back to stock: stock intake, stock DV. I hope he still gets it under warranty

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
alf said:
messed up a synchro probably, i dont know how a clutch could be fucked on such a young car.

I think youre right. And yea its only got 15k Miles... its coz hes damn nice, he tought 3 of his friends how to drive a manual. :bellyroll:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
bro sorry to hear u messed up your friends car...but thats nothing...ill tell ya a story

me and 2 of my friends were hanging out about 3 years ago...we were just BSing when a brand new 3 series BMW pulls up...well it ended up being our good friend and he just bought it

well one of my friends that drive a monster nissan 240 asks my other friend to drive the BMW...well about 30 minutes later we get a phone call....its the kid with the nissan calling us to come meet him where he was....the first thing the kid with the BMW asked is where is my car

needless to say the nissan friend was driving down the street and got t-boned by a drunk women in a huge dodge dulley....it absolutly destroyed the Bmw's passenger side...she hit him going about 45mph

granted it wasnt my friend fault he just got his friends Bmw totalled...but still its gotta feel shitty

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
^ ouch.. when you say brand new, did you mean he just drove it off the lot that day??? coz that has to suck a lemon

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
how about he wasnt off the lot an hour after signing papers...not only that...earlier that day the car just had come off the trailer to the dealer...the car was on special order for my friend

its when the new body style 3 series came out...so i think it was more than 3 years ago

EDIT: ok now im confused...when did the new body style 3's come out....i just asked one of my friends that were there and they said it only happend 2 years ago....lol....either way it was the new slant eyes 3 series

NorthernDubber

Ready to race!
^
damn!

on a side note, if one of my buddies asked me to drive my car the only way I'd let that happen is if I was sitting shotgun with a close eye on the tachometer.

yeah I'm anal, but so what, it's my car.