GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sad day tomorrow......

Dan84

Ready to race!
The mk7 boot space is nothing to write home about. When going shopping I am forced to put some of the stuff on the back seats

blower

Ready to race!
A vauxhall zafira is a cheap car, with basic interiors and flimsy parts construction. Overtime with heavy family use, door locks will seize, the odd handle and knob will fall off, paint will peel, shocks will fail prematurely, rattles will develop from every corner of the car, all this will happen after about year 4/5.......however the engine will last forever.

And yes, mk7 seats suck....mk6 had much better seats, and real world boot space (not just useless increase in height)

pipsyp

Ready to race!
You mentioned the silly false floor in the boot, did you know that the floor "shelve" has two positions, low as in sitting on the metal of the chassis and suspended about 6" or so above the metal of the chassis?

I've had two of them so yes.....still utterly pointless. Get it with the estate that has heaps more space and being able to create a flat load space....don't see what purpose it serves in the Mk7 hatch...other than a space to keep shit under.

Mine was on the deck the whole time...though it created an annoying kick at the back which made the already fairly limited space that bit more impractical. Not bothered what anyone says but no way is the boot space as usable as it was on the Mk5 and 6.

pipsyp

Ready to race!
A vauxhall zafira is a cheap car, with basic interiors and flimsy parts construction. Overtime with heavy family use, door locks will seize, the odd handle and knob will fall off, paint will peel, shocks will fail prematurely, rattles will develop from every corner of the car, all this will happen after about year 4/5.......however the engine will last forever.

And yes, mk7 seats suck....mk6 had much better seats, and real world boot space (not just useless increase in height)

Mines a year old and done 17.5k miles...probably quite hard ones having been someone else's company car...and it seems in pretty good shape.

People do tend to stereotype Vauxhall's as utterly shit badly made cars, I think the reality in most cases is slightly different. Whilst I like VAG cars (and i've had many of them) most of them have gone wrong/broken...certainly had to have silly warranty work so they aren't infallible either. My last Mk7 went in the garage 3 or so times in the first few weeks of ownership to fix faults/rectify factory build errors...the infotainment was never right and then the electronic handbrake goosed just as I got rid of it. Can't say my experience was therefore wholly positive....still the Zafira might be worse who knows!

I wouldn't expect lots of positive praise on a Mk7 Golf forum to be fair haha

Agree on the seats...they certainly weren't bad or lacked support but the primitive level of adjustment and lumbar support weren't so great. Shame we don't get the ErgoComfort option here.

The boot is a bit less accommodating than the Mk5 and 6 too....God knows how they justify the increase in litre age...certainly in my own experience whatever extra space there was didn't prove useful.

blower

Ready to race!
Maybe newer vauxhall's use better materials - my sisters 2007 plate corsa D is a shed. The list above being just half the things that's happened to it in the past 9 years - the shocking bit is all the clear coat coming off in huge chunks!

Having done work on it, removing door cards - you get to see how cheaply it is made when you get behind the trim and the reason why it sounds tinny/hollow - as it is literally hollow!, with nothing behind the door card but a bit of flimsy cellophane plastic sheet acting as a moisture barrier between the door card and the outer shell.

Admittedly she has not looked after it like you would a nice golf, it goes through automated car washes etc - but it is falling apart in places, namely trim and things like door locks failing (2 doors and the boot hatch have had to have work done to them)

Rear shocks were gone at 65k miles (leaking)

Also i find it funny that they couldn't be bothered moving some stuff for right hand drive UK Models - the boot release handle is on the left passenger side!, below where the glove box door is hanging off on the poor/cheap plastic hinge lol

Although the diesel engine and ancillaries are rock solid, nothing failed in there despite a severe lack of regular services lol

Last edited: