GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

S2T DSG Paddle Shifters

euroMike1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello everyone!

I've purchased a set of S2T paddle shifters for my car. They look top notch!

Issues...
I tried to follow instructions for MK5/6 on their website, but installation seems to be different this time. I am stuck on step #3 (http://www.s2tpp.com/vw-instructions.html). Does anybody know how to remove side control buttons? There are no visible screws. I would really appreciate any type of help.

Regards.

Mike

Miguel1

Ready to race!
I think the buttons are removed by pulling up. see where the group of about 8 cables goes into the button stalk? There's some clips right next to those wires, maybe that has something to do with it?

Mk620T

Ready to race!
I agree, it looks like there are some clips you can undo near the wires. I suspect that once you undo those the buttons are hinged in.

euroMike1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you both for your help!

I've tried to undo those clips before (even broke one) but it didn't work. There must be something else holding that black piece of plastic down.

I emailed S2T and got this.
... You'll need to release the steering wheel bezel retainer, then remove the OEM accessory switches to gain access to the screws securing the OEM paddle shifter switches. You'll then need to remove the pins from the bottom of the paddle shifter switches and replace the OEM paddles with the S2T Paddle Shifters...

Sorry for asking you guys (English is not my native language...) - what is »bezel retainer«. I am not familiar with this term :eek:.

Thanks!

Mike

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Nice to see some paddle upgrades for the Mk7!

Installed those on my Mk6. They sadly stopped making carbon fiber ones based on their site.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
:cool:

More pictures (including step by step procedure) soon.

Look fantastic! With the sharper steering they probably make a large difference.

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
My fav part of these replacement paddles are when the steering wheel is gripped at the bottom and I shift with my pointer finger it feels like having two guns and pulling the trigger to go up or down a gear, and hear either a DSG fart or rematched downshift. .

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
LOL... glad to hear you are enjoying them!

Technically they're different but close enough:) waiting to see if they make carbon ones for the Mk7