GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RX-8

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
bilbos said:
...I started to see BMW's abandoned alongside the road. I must have counted at least six.

Reason - RWD. Once the snow hit, they weren't going anywhere. Even in the wet, they can be a handful.

My friend owns an ageing BMW 318is, the RWD sports thingy which he lets me drive occasionally, if he's feeling lazy. I always enjoyed scaring the bejeezus out of him during the not-infrequent wet and rainy days, coming off deserted roundabouts near sideways and the like... :tongue:

And in snow, he'd always call me for a ride. Without fail... :rolleyes:

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
bennylenny88 said:
meh.. well guess if i get it then ill just take it slow lol
Nope, if it snows you won't take it at all. Trust me on that one. I think the car is great. I just don't want you to think that you can take it slow and it will be alright. It literally won't move in the snow for you. You'll just sit there and spin tires. Trust me on this one. I've had to push my brother on a couple of occasions with my Jeep when there wasn't even more than an inch of snowfall.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
shit.. well i dunno.. cause in like 5 years i still wont be able to afford a GTI..
but i really like the RX-8 and the GTI equally (R32 comes on top thou)

cmdrfire

bennylenny88 said:
shit.. well i dunno.. cause in like 5 years i still wont be able to afford a GTI..
but i really like the RX-8 and the GTI equally (R32 comes on top thou)

Old Audi TT? That won't be so expensive in five years time... hell, even the GTI and the new TT shouldn't be too much (unless you're buying new).

Else you could get an old old Porsche (969 mebbe), a cheap newer Porsche (old Boxter would do it, they're only £16k now in good condition... price will drop even more) or maybe a BMW 3-series (FWD, small engine = cheap insurance)

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
hmm that beemer sounds like a ideal car as i proberbly will have a budget of around £8000
any idea how much the golf 1.4 will be worth in a few (5) years?

cmdrfire

bennylenny88 said:
hmm that beemer sounds like a ideal car as i proberbly will have a budget of around £8000

If VW go ahead with their early rollout of the MkVI, then I'm afraid to say not much. Don't want to speculate though.

bilbos

On the Kop
bennylenny88 said:

If you have a budget of 8K, the Mk1 TT will definitely be a good deal. That shape will always be a classic and you will have the benefit of Quattro.

bilbos

On the Kop
cmdrfire said:
That's what I was thinking... only problem is back seats aren't so useful except for children.

Good point. I used to have the roadster, no back seats, just a nice subwoofer.:smile:

But, if you want to carry your mates around, it is quite uncomfortable in the back of the coupe.

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Bad choice if you do not like to follow a strict pattern of care. If you have to simply move the car you have to let it idle, it is a fun car to drive, but you have to rev the piss out of it!

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
jaydubz said:
Bad choice if you do not like to follow a strict pattern of care. If you have to simply move the car you have to let it idle, it is a fun car to drive, but you have to rev the piss out of it!
Yeah, my brother also turns his RX8 off after revving the engine to 3k rpms and holding it there a couple seconds. That's what the dealer told him he needed to do with the Wankel. Sounds kind of crazy because you're sitting in a parking lot and then you hear a high revving noise followed by a car turning off. He's selling his in the next couple of months anyways.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
for how much???:biggrin:
well my dad said that we mite have to sell in 3 years cause of the new golf. so i mite just get a higher spec golf mk 6.
how much you think the rabbits gonna be for the 6?