GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RSe10 Satin black or Gloss (Powder Coated)

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

Looking for any long term users and their opinions on either Satin Black or having them powder coated (any wheel really).

Satin black you wouldn't see as many scratches/swirl marks but cleaning is a concern and having them powder coated adds a layer of protection, easier to clean, doesn't look like a "plasti dipped" wheel.

This is for a tornado red golf. See image below for reference.

Thanks in advance

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I wouldn’t go for either gloss or satin black. I’d go for gunmetal.

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
I wouldn’t go for either gloss or satin black. I’d go for gunmetal.

Thanks for your input but the wheels are already bought :p. I quite like the red/black combo. It's not for everyone :cool:

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
I'm a fan of satin finishes over gloss because the satin finish shows off the lines and details of the wheels better.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I'm a fan of satin finishes over gloss because the satin finish shows off the lines and details of the wheels better.

so was I, but satin is much more difficult to clean. The gloss wheels are easier to clean up. the satin/matte finishes almost absorb the brake dust and are stubborn to get clean. My last 2 sets have been matte and satin and are a PITA to clean.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
so was I, but satin is much more difficult to clean. The gloss wheels are easier to clean up. the satin/matte finishes almost absorb the brake dust and are stubborn to get clean. My last 2 sets have been matte and satin and are a PITA to clean.

Get them ceramic coated before mounting.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!

Predatorbird

Ready to race!
Get them ceramic coated before mounting.
This. I did them myself on my old car. I had 1552 Turbomacs powdercoated matte gunmetal. I forget which brand I used, I came across them on IG. The bottle cost me $25 and it was good for two sets of wheels. Those wheels would have been the biggest pain in the ass to clean, but all I had to do was hit them with a hose and the dirt came right off.

bobyjane1234

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks all, will be doing with ceramic coating on them!