GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roc Euro Stabilizer Bar cracked DSG housing

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Good to hear you are back running. I know where that shop is and it isn't far from my buddy's house. He got his Audi tuned there as it's APR shop. How much did they charged you for the service?

$1550, which included a DSG flush.

I bought the DSG from LKQ for $880+ tax

So about $2500 total for a new DSG.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
When it comes to V1 or V2 for dogbone mounts, they are different to fit the different design of the stock dogbone rubber. VW changed the design halfway through MY16 sales. If the APR unit goes through both stock bushings like my I.E insert, that would explain the additional vibrations compared to 034 which only goes through the lower bushing.

I believe it's like the 034. It's essentially the same design, just made of steel instead of aluminum.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Very happy to report that in the 500 miles that I've driven my car since the new DSG and APR insert were installed, the unbearable vibrations from the APR insert have calmed down significantly, to the point that I will certainly be keeping it on the car for the stiffness it provides. The DSG is doing great too, for a stock-tuned DSG.

Since this transmission has no warranty, I will certainly be getting the Unitronic TCU tune as soon as possible. Maybe as a 25th birthday present to myself next Sunday.