GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rims and Tires in the Ottawa/Gatineau area.

Dominar

Hi everyone,

I recently got my mk7 Golf 1.8t and I'd like to find the best place to get rims for it.

Looking to get some 17x8 rims, 5 spoke in matte black. So far I've seen a few brands that have nice ones, but I think I've made a decision on these ASA GT8 in black:

Do you guys know any local shops that are worth checking out that might carry this brand or am I better off buying from TireRack? I haven't come across any major Canadian site that seem to have these rims though... trying to avoid shipping/duty/brokerage haha :p

I'm not too sure about which size tire to put on there either. I've seen 225/45 thrown around a lot...

Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Dominar

C'mon guys, nobody in the Ottawa area gets rims for their rides?

Share your secrets! Where are the good local shop? I just need a simple matte black 5-spoke.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

daemon2

Use tirerack.com
When they ship to Canada they include all fees, no surprises at the door. They can ship the wheels with tires mounted.
1010tires.com is also great, and Canadian but they don't carry ASA
Both sites will recommend tire sizes for you in their configurator.

Aftermarket wheels rock.

turbofour

Passed Driver's Ed
Like mention already. Drive to Ogdensburg is the cheapest route when getting stuff from the U.S. and avoiding UPS crazy costs. I always order tires and other larger items to the UPS store there. Get there, pay $5 per box come back and pay tax and done.