GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ride Height for CA roads :-)

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
So, just installed my HPA SHS coilovers and love them. I am letting everything settle in for the next few days before doing my final height adjustment and getting an alignment. Here's my Q . . .

What are the heights you guys are running on adjustable coilovers from the ground to the front and rear pinch welds? I ask as this should be the easiest way to know what ground clearance you guys are at and if you have any issues with speed bumps and such? I would like to go as low as possible without having any clearance issues with the frame of the car, and I don't really want to adjust, drive, adjust drive, adjust scrape, adjust drive, adjust..... etc etc.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!

-Matt

vw671

Autocross Newbie

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!

Are those readings from the hub center on the rim or from the ground to the fender?

Any chance you might be willing to measure the height from the ground to the pinch weld on the bottom of the car?

In any case, THANK you for posting your measurements! Have you scraped on anything yet?

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Are those readings from the hub center on the rim or from the ground to the fender?

Any chance you might be willing to measure the height from the ground to the pinch weld on the bottom of the car?

In any case, THANK you for posting your measurements! Have you scraped on anything yet?

Ground to top of fender arch. It clears low parking lot curbs stops. I have not scraped anything yet but larger curbs will damage the front.

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
Perfect, I will check my height and report back too if I end up going any lower.

Does anyone else have any lower #'s that are working out for them? I don't think there is any difference between the underframe and so forth for the R and the GTI, but I'd like to get other people's input as well.

-Matt