GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ricers reppin’ it

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
They're not exactly welcomed in Ocean City anymore. It brings too much racing, partying, and overall trouble throughout the town every year. Cops have started impounding and arresting people like crazy. Although I think people still meet there every year unofficially

1693502670063.png

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I've got a lot of mixed feelings about it. At the end of the day, I don't really go to these sorts of things intentionally, but I can't say I haven't been accidentally in the middle of shit and didn't realize it. I'd be absolutely livid though if I were ticketed for having a modified car and it being a wrong place/wrong time type of situation.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I've got a lot of mixed feelings about it. At the end of the day, I don't really go to these sorts of things intentionally, but I can't say I haven't been accidentally in the middle of shit and didn't realize it. I'd be absolutely livid though if I were ticketed for having a modified car and it being a wrong place/wrong time type of situation.
Yeah, I was at the last official SoWo in Helen in 2015. It turned into a mess by the end of it. I haven't been to a show other than small local club get-togethers since.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
When I was 17, I had my license suspended, so I wasn't able to take my car. We went to one of these things in my buddies, girlfriends, dads GEO Metro. I was driving for whatever reason, and we were down the middle of the strip with all sorts of souped up Integras, Civics etc... I ended up doing a neutral drop in the GEO to try to do a burnout and completely trashed the transmission - fluid everywhere down the middle of the strip. We had to push it to the end - people appreciated the effort. Took it to a garage the next day, and by complete accident the guy had a geo as a parts car and they swapped the tranny in like an hour and a half. $300 with parts at that time.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
When I was 17, I had my license suspended, so I wasn't able to take my car. We went to one of these things in my buddies, girlfriends, dads GEO Metro. I was driving for whatever reason, and we were down the middle of the strip with all sorts of souped up Integras, Civics etc... I ended up doing a neutral drop in the GEO to try to do a burnout and completely trashed the transmission - fluid everywhere down the middle of the strip. We had to push it to the end - people appreciated the effort. Took it to a garage the next day, and by complete accident the guy had a geo as a parts car and they swapped the tranny in like an hour and a half. $300 with parts at that time.
And that’s the story of the least money Daks ever spent on a tranny.