GOLFMKV

Rex Super Sport MK7 to 7.5 Bumper Conversion Kit

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Lower grills are missing the spot for front collision assist and/or ACC for those Mk7 folks that have it. Although I suppose you could convert to the behind emblem mounted radar if you've got the flat type already.

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Lower grills are missing the spot for front collision assist and/or ACC for those Mk7 folks that have it. Although I suppose you could convert to the behind emblem mounted radar if you've got the flat type already.
I don’t have that so it’s not a concern.

I’m more wondering if they are trustworthy. And it does look like it based on all the images they have. But I’m wondering if anyone on the forum has perhaps had an experience with them.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Looks interesting. You should give it a whirl and let us know how it goes...

fredothechimp

Passed Driver's Ed
Considering the R swap. Shipping on it is about $700 by sea freight. TBH at that rate I would probably just do the Clubsport front.

Last edited:

HawkeAssault

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 GTI, '92 Corrado
Considering the R swap. Shipping on it is about $700 by sea freight. TBH at that rate I would probably just do the Clubsport front.
Thinking the same thing.
but instead of both bumpers. If I grabbed just the front R bumper it comes out to about $1,200 with shipping.

where as the Clubsport bumper is $1,800-2,000 everywhere I look

OryxMK7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 R
Their shipping quote to me was about $350. I just get concerned with matching Oryx. My BMW was a nightmare matching their version.

Yungjean

Car(s)
2015 vw gti
So I've been down the rabbit hole of looking at different bumpers and managed to stumble upon this website: Golf MK7 Bodykit Set Upgrade To MK7.5 GTI Advance | Rexsupersport - Specializes In Providing Carbon Fibre Parts and Accessories

Golf MK7 Bodykit Set UpgradeTo MK7.5 R Advance Bumper | Rexsupersport - Specializes In Providing Carbon Fibre Parts and Accessories

Really tempted to go with the 7.5 R one.
Does any one know the legitimacy and quality of these kits?
Did you ever purchase it? If so how was the quality ?