GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reversing Camera

Rmk7

Hi all, the reversing camera is slightly annoying...it comes up with the Park Pilot info on the left which blocks the view of anything behind me to my left rear. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can turn it off..?

And no, i dont want to keep pushing the 'X' button each time or the 'hide' button! I guess what i really want is a permanent way of keeping it hidden, I may be asking too much....

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,038

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
As soon as you move a bit it becomes transparent. Other than that, the only other option is to click the arrow to the right of the box on the left, the one with the sensor display. That sort of minimizes the entire sensor display.

Btw: the picture you posted looks a lot like Dubai...:p

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Hi all, the reversing camera is slightly annoying...it comes up with the Park Pilot info on the left which blocks the view of anything behind me to my left rear. Anyone have any ideas as to how I can turn it off..?

And no, i dont want to keep pushing the 'X' button each time or the 'hide' button! I guess what i really want is a permanent way of keeping it hidden, I may be asking too much....

At the moment its an annoyance we have to endure.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
is the reverse camera included with the parking assist option, or is it a separate option?

By parking assist, if you mean parking sensors, then no. In Dubai, our cars come pre-specced. The base GTI and the second Option GTI do not have the reverse camera. Only the top-spec does. However, all 3 come standard with front and rear parking sensors (or parking assist).

The Golf R on the other hand has parking sensors and reverse camera on all trim levels.

Almost all new cars in this region are coming with parking sensors nowadays (including Toyota Corollas). The VW passat is the only exception as we get the American passat which has no sensors on any trim levels (weird...)

** The confusion arose due to park assist being a separate option on all GTI's here. We (or the dealer spec sheet) refer to park assist as the AUTO-PARK feature which comes standard on all trim levels of GTI's in Dubai.

nano1234

Have the same problem and i read that that can be reprogram,in Croatia Rcamera is 200 $ when u order a car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Internexus

Ready to race!
I wasn't able to get this featured added to my car so I maybe mistaken with this but... I was under the impression that one would have parking assist turned off via the button next to the shifter and when it was actually needed they would hit the button to perform parallel parking. If this is the case I would assume that with the feature turned off that you wouldn't have the invasive display?

golface

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply @MukulJuriagtimk7

locally I can only see the parking assist as an option but there's no reverse camera option and dealer rep didn't know jack about it

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
I wasn't able to get this featured added to my car so I maybe mistaken with this but... I was under the impression that one would have parking assist turned off via the button next to the shifter and when it was actually needed they would hit the button to perform parallel parking. If this is the case I would assume that with the feature turned off that you wouldn't have the invasive display?

There's a few ways to go about this.

1. Keep it switched off from the infotainment unit. BUT, it automatically activates when Reverse is selected on the gear shift and theres nothing that can be done about it.

2. Added to part 1, if you decide to keep it switched off from the main menu, you can however turn it on manually using the button near the gear shift when travelling in the forwards direction under certain speeds (15-20kph in my case)

3. It is automatically activated 24/7 (option in the unit says "activate sensors automatically") - when say slowing down it would randomly pop up and beep if you approach the car in front of you at a traffic light (i turned it off the first day I bought the car as it drove me mad). Also due to the fact that I have the "auto park" feature my car comes with sensors on the sides, it would activate a lot more even when there was nothing near the car....:rolleyes:

But....what's awesome is that due to sensors on the sides we get 360 degree sensor view and that helps squeezing into tight basement car park entrances or tight parking spots. :D

Last edited:

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply @MukulJuriagtimk7

locally I can only see the parking assist as an option but there's no reverse camera option and dealer rep didn't know jack about it

Ahh man that sucks. The camera is realllly helpful, I know i'm not helping :p

Is there a particular spec that you are looking at? I've seen a lot of NA GTI's with the camera option but not sure if its SE, S , Autobahn...etc.

phaphaphooey

Ready to race!
I don't have the parking sensors but the little bar on the right in the top picture drives me nuts and I cannot figure out a way to keep the rearview camera display up but remove that little bar.