GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse Camera

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Hi.

This may be a daft question. But bear with me.

When you select reverse, and the reverse camera activates. Initially the picture is obscured by a black box on the left hand side of the screen taking up half the screen (with the car symbol in the middle of it).
After a few seconds the black box disappears, leaving you with, just the car symbol and the proximity lines.
Probably easier to show pics:

Initially, on selecting reverse

After a few seconds

Does anyone know of a way to stop the first Big Black Box happening, as this sort of makes the camera pointless. As you can't see anything on that side of the screen. So you end up waiting for, what seems like forever, or looking over your shoulder, old school anyway.

Maybe nothing to do, but I hope there is.

Cheers

Bikebits

Ready to race!
The left-pointing arrow in the middle of the right side of the black box appears to be a symbol to collapse it to the left side of the screen. That should get rid of it instantly.

The graphic of the car with radiating waves appears to be for park distance control. I have the reverse camera, but no PDC, so don't get that box on the screen. Check the PDC settings in vehicle settings to see if it can be altered there.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
The left-pointing arrow in the middle of the right side of the black box appears to be a symbol to collapse it to the left side of the screen. That should get rid of it instantly.

The graphic of the car with radiating waves appears to be for park distance control. I have the reverse camera, but no PDC, so don't get that box on the screen. Check the PDC settings in vehicle settings to see if it can be altered there.

Yes the arrow does get rid of it completely. But what I want is the second image without having to sit for like 3 seconds waiting for the opaque background to disappear.

I have done a lot of research into this and have not found anything online to help.
So I guess I may be stuck with it.

Bikebits

Ready to race!
As everything in the car is computerized, the lag is probably the PDC system booting up and checking its parameters before displaying a clear image. I find the infotainment system lags, especially as soon as the car is started, for the same reason.

Golpher1

Ready to race!
Try the Park Pilot setting in the MIB II.

Car>Settings>Parking and Manoeuvering>Activate Automatically.

This setting will disable it completely though - so when you approach an obstacle at the front of your vehicle, you won get warning tones/visual aids apparently.

Though, it should remove that pop-up box from appearing whilst reversing.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
As everything in the car is computerized, the lag is probably the PDC system booting up and checking its parameters before displaying a clear image. I find the infotainment system lags, especially as soon as the car is started, for the same reason.
I don't believe this is to be the case, as if I press any of the PDC options, it responds immediately.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Try the Park Pilot setting in the MIB II.

Car>Settings>Parking and Manoeuvering>Activate Automatically.

This setting will disable it completely though - so when you approach an obstacle at the front of your vehicle, you won get warning tones/visual aids apparently.

Though, it should remove that pop-up box from appearing whilst reversing.

My car isn't new enough for MIB II I'm afraid.
Even with park assist turned off (button by gear selector), I still get the same images.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Hi.

This may be a daft question. But bear with me.

When you select reverse, and the reverse camera activates. Initially the picture is obscured by a black box on the left hand side of the screen taking up half the screen (with the car symbol in the middle of it).
After a few seconds the black box disappears, leaving you with, just the car symbol and the proximity lines.
Probably easier to show pics:

Initially, on selecting reverse

After a few seconds

Does anyone know of a way to stop the first Big Black Box happening, as this sort of makes the camera pointless. As you can't see anything on that side of the screen. So you end up waiting for, what seems like forever, or looking over your shoulder, old school anyway.

Maybe nothing to do, but I hope there is.

Cheers

My MY 2016 goes straight to the image of car & proximity bars on engaging reverse. No black box image anymore.

Perhaps its a MIB II change.

richiekuk

Ready to race!
My MY 2016 goes straight to the image of car & proximity bars on engaging reverse. No black box image anymore.

Perhaps its a MIB II change.

Maybe a firmware flash will sort it then.
No doubt my dealer with have no idea, and even less enthusiasm!

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Feedback if you get any joy on the firmware flash :) Won't be that long before my first service so if there is one available then I would like it too :)

Will do.
I'm going to phone the dealer this afternoon. It's frustrated me ever since I got the car.

richiekuk

Ready to race!

I spoke to my dealer yesterday. Surprisingly the service reception wouldn't let me speak to a technician. And I'd have to book my car in. F!#*ng useless!
My car is however going in for a tweeter replacement soon, so I'll see if I can speak to the "illusive" technician then.

When will VW understand that I don't want to speak to some dumb ass receptionist, and I want to speak to the actual people who do the work!

Garynovis

Ready to race!
I spoke to my dealer yesterday. Surprisingly the service reception wouldn't let me speak to a technician. And I'd have to book my car in. F!#*ng useless!

My car is however going in for a tweeter replacement soon, so I'll see if I can speak to the "illusive" technician then.

When will VW understand that I don't want to speak to some dumb ass receptionist, and I want to speak to the actual people who do the work!

VW front of house does seem particularly disappointing, the hassle I had with trying to set up the service plan was beyond a joke, so I feel your pain.

Fingers crossed you get a resolution when you go in, and if so, let us know

Gary