GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

REV9 Intercooler

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Debating between this and Unitronic. About $400 difference. Going to have a shop install, but don't want an extra 3 hours of labor to make it fit. Seems like the Rev9 has fewer fitment issues than the Magic. I've read the whole thread, but just want to get opinions.

Also, just saw v2 Rev9 intercooler on eBay. Anyone know the difference?
Contact Jeff on mygolfmk7.com he is selling multiple ICs that he has been testing cheap.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Well, with most of this thread being about the Majesty before it had its own thread and prices going crazy out there I thought I'd share that I found and purchased a black clone of the Rev9 V2 for $320 shipped. The Rev9 V2 with hoses is $420 on eBay and this one is black, looks well made and $100 less, just have to wait the 2-4 weeks from China. Funny, it doesn't come up in "MK7 intercooler" searches on eBay unless you put the exact price of $320 as min/max price, I found it while searching charge pipes and found a set of charge pipes from the seller that looked much better quality than the very cheapest for only a little more, so then I checked out the sellers store and found the IC. Only 3 total available, now 2 left, I think this is literally the cheapest stock mount IC you can buy right now once you factor in shipping. The Rev9 and this are tube and fin versions of the BMS and I think that is actually preferable over bar and plate in a hot sandwich mounting location like we have. It's very much debatable, but tube and fin is actually more difficult/expensive to make but is lighter and can cool down faster, so we'll see!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304380843262

Funny, they call it a "front mount" but it is clearly a stock mount and has the exact same description as Rev9 v2. I also went ahead and ordered the yellow clips, but as a full set in black with lower stoppers for less than $8 on AliExpress, since it will likely be the same 2-4 week delivery time.

I'll be back to post updates!

vw1320

Well, with most of this thread being about the Majesty before it had its own thread and prices going crazy out there I thought I'd share that I found and purchased a black clone of the Rev9 V2 for $320 shipped. The Rev9 V2 with hoses is $420 on eBay and this one is black, looks well made and $100 less, just have to wait the 2-4 weeks from China. Funny, it doesn't come up in "MK7 intercooler" searches on eBay unless you put the exact price of $320 as min/max price, I found it while searching charge pipes and found a set of charge pipes from the seller that looked much better quality than the very cheapest for only a little more, so then I checked out the sellers store and found the IC. Only 3 total available, now 2 left, I think this is literally the cheapest stock mount IC you can buy right now once you factor in shipping. The Rev9 and this are tube and fin versions of the BMS and I think that is actually preferable over bar and plate in a hot sandwich mounting location like we have. It's very much debatable, but tube and fin is actually more difficult/expensive to make but is lighter and can cool down faster, so we'll see!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304380843262

Funny, they call it a "front mount" but it is clearly a stock mount and has the exact same description as Rev9 v2. I also went ahead and ordered the yellow clips, but as a full set in black with lower stoppers for less than $8 on AliExpress, since it will likely be the same 2-4 week delivery time.

I'll be back to post updates!

Did you get your intercooler yet? Looks like they raised the price to $320 plus $100 shipping so now the same price as any other option.

danbfree

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf 1.8 TSI
Did you get your intercooler yet? Looks like they raised the price to $320 plus $100 shipping so now the same price as any other option.
Yes, good timing for your comment, it just arrived the other day, despite them raising the price to $100 for shipping after I bought one as a "pricing mistake", they honored my deal and it took less than 2 weeks to come from China... I did find another one that ships from the US for $319.99 with free shipping HERE that looks *identical* to what I got. There are 10 available and looks like a good deal!

So mine looks like excellent quality and hope to get it installed next week!

Last edited: