GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitting Lane assist camera without changing windshield?

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
i have windows 10 , and ODIS installs 6154 drivers only, not VAS 5054
in order this to work i need Virtual machine with Win7

Oh, I Did on a win 7 laptop.

And when i tried doing it on a win 10 pc with a Virtual machine it said " This App Cannot run In a Virtual Machine"

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Hope it works

Finally Im making a bit of progress.

It Looks Bad but its just for testing.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
WOW!!!

EDIT:Make sure nothing touches the FFC conectors , apply some tape
By the way the ffc connectors fited inside the mirrors guts?

You mean the adapter? Should I Glue it to the other side of the bracket?

Yea it fits perfectly but I Havent Tested it in the car yet.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

vw-ac

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, nice progress guys :) that camera on the mirror is looking good.

I have my calibration board printed now and my case arrived yesterday. Last night I started installing Windows 7 in dual boot on my laptop, to avoid the windows 10 issues and workarounds. Left it running updates for windows and all the laptop drivers, so hopefully tonight I can install ODIS. Only priblme is, it arrived on 4x DVDs and 1 of them is damaged. Maybe I will just download a copy of ODIS instead...

I don't get why there are so many 'postsetup' files, but I'm sure it will all make sense once I start installing it.

I have an additional can bus pair with the crimps on, on order, so I can wire up the ACC.

So I won't be able to get this sorted over the Christmas break probably, but I will have some time to find a mounting solution hopefully :)

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
Wow, nice progress guys :) that camera on the mirror is looking good.

I have my calibration board printed now and my case arrived yesterday. Last night I started installing Windows 7 in dual boot on my laptop, to avoid the windows 10 issues and workarounds. Left it running updates for windows and all the laptop drivers, so hopefully tonight I can install ODIS. Only priblme is, it arrived on 4x DVDs and 1 of them is damaged. Maybe I will just download a copy of ODIS instead...

I don't get why there are so many 'postsetup' files, but I'm sure it will all make sense once I start installing it.

I have an additional can bus pair with the crimps on, on order, so I can wire up the ACC.

So I won't be able to get this sorted over the Christmas break probably, but I will have some time to find a mounting solution hopefully :)

Everyone is making a lot of progress, If you want I Can send you a download link to the ODIS software i bought.

It is not only for VW, there are many other companies VW Owns.

piotrekp

Everything looks sharp, keep up the good work :)

Make sure that you've centered the extension cable in the adapter, in the other way you'll get some camera noise error. At the end just before calibration you should have only one error in A5 module - No basic settings.