GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reset car in limp mode

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I would like to ask if car suddenly go into limp mode while driving and cause engine stop. Is it any way to reset the limp mode so the car still can drive and not stuck in middle of some where ?

Thanks

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti, 8Y S3 :)
Hi,

I would like to ask if car suddenly go into limp mode while driving and cause engine stop. Is it any way to reset the limp mode so the car still can drive and not stuck in middle of some where ?

Thanks
When I got an EPC light in my car a couple months back, I would just restart it. It'd run fine, but I wouldn't go WOT.
Pretty rare for it to just randomly suddenly go into limp mode though. (iirc)
However, if it does try new coils / spark plugs.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
With limp mode you should have an EPC light on the dashboard. When you restart the car it will reset but it is not fixed.
You can then drive again but if you try to use too much power it will trigger limp mode again. Do not start buying parts hoping to fix it. An EPC light can be tricky to diagnose. Often it will be wastegate related but still needs to be diagnosed. See link below for an explanation.

https://mechanicbase.com/engine/epc-light/

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
When I got an EPC light in my car a couple months back, I would just restart it. It'd run fine, but I wouldn't go WOT.
Pretty rare for it to just randomly suddenly go into limp mode though. (iirc)
However, if it does try new coils / spark plugs.

If got into limp mode your engine still running ? for my case my engine is totally stop and cant start.

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
With limp mode you should have an EPC light on the dashboard. When you restart the car it will reset but it is not fixed.
You can then drive again but if you try to use too much power it will trigger limp mode again. Do not start buying parts hoping to fix it. An EPC light can be tricky to diagnose. Often it will be wastegate related but still needs to be diagnosed. See link below for an explanation.

https://mechanicbase.com/engine/epc-light/

For my case my it appear a lot of code on the screen here i attach the file for your reference

Attachments

• 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,650

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
while running or when starting? I did read when running but want to check.

If running check battery connections. If at start-up check battery

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
while running or when starting? I did read when running but want to check.

If running check battery connections. If at start-up check battery

It stop while running in low speed, and engine suddenly stop. When i turn the key on without start engine the power steering is functioning.

As normally our power steering only function when the engine is running and power steering is not function before engine start.

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
If your engine won't start you need to find out why...
After left over night at workshop and did nothing the car back to normal can start without engine check light but not dare to drive it. Plan to bring back official service center to check again.

ckf80

Passed Driver's Ed
Could be a bad alternator?

Not sure but the mechanic did mention to me the Gateway control module got problem. It go these fault code come out at once.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 400
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 388
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 589