GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Repairing dash? please tell me it's possible !

CPT.Haddock

Passed Driver's Ed
well, by installing my gauge pod and wanting to drill a hole for a wire to go through, I damaged my dash in the most stupid way possible... please tell me I have a way of fixing this..........that thing just on top of the light switch..

Attachments

• Fcked up!.jpg
    Fcked up!.jpg
    311.9 KB · Views: 366

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You might be able to fill it, but the texture and color will never be right.

Find a junk yard or part out. Swap the dash, lesson learned.

It’ll probably be a weekend project but overall not a big deal. I’m sure there’s about zero demand for a used dash so it should be cheap to pick one up

Funtuzzi

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought a new car back in the mid 90's. Shortly after purchase, had a custom radio & speakers installed by a "professional" shop. Well, they melted 2 plastic panels, and scratched 1 other panel. I was furious.

Found a 1 man bodyshop, that was close to home. Older Eastern European owner ran the shop, I'm sure long time retired by now. Trained in old country. He had a large kit with plastics, dyes, texture imprints....etc. Looked like new after he was done. Could never tell, and I'm OCD about repairs. Sold the car to my brother, and 10 years later, still looked great! Could never tell.

Not sure if there are craftsmen around nowadays that do those kind of repairs? We live in a throw away society, but I know it can be fixed with right tools/ materials, and repair techniques.

Hope you can find someone, but I know it will be a challenge nowadays.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Ouch! :(

Maybe you can try one of those car restoration shops...or heck...I'd give a furniture restoration place a shot. They might be able to duplicate the texture.

Doing a dash swap will be a huge job for most people.