GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes, but then the thread got jammed up with 5 pages of boat names and the forum bullying me for my sick windshield banner lol. see below pertinent information.

Thanks. I'm dying to get my brakes done. The dust from the oem pads is just unbearable.

I was originally looking at those rotors, but really want something drilled and slotted, geomet coated (like those). But with everything out of stock, shit is slim pickings these days.

These Zhong Zhong ones are available for the rears for like $80

1656511404396.png

But there's really nothing available for the fronts right now :(

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Why not the zimmerzhongs? Really want the slots huh? Imo the drills look tits enough for me.

And yes i did use launch control. Slow car is slow.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Seems like it on paper. Has no low end punch. But it does certainly feel alive in the higher revs, so its if someone mirrored a stage 2 dyno graph and made that the DTR kit

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Seems like it on paper. Has no low end punch. But it does certainly feel alive in the higher revs, so its if someone mirrored a stage 2 dyno graph and made that the DTR kit

When the Dragy makes its way back to me (you can send it to @timmyturbo when you're done with it), I'll get some Stage 1 R numbers for comparison.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
When the Dragy makes its way back to me (you can send it to @timmyturbo when you're done with it), I'll get some Stage 1 R numbers for comparison.
ah, yes, thanks, i was gonna ask who to send it to next!

the only thing i can think of needing it for is: i don't think i had TC off for the runs i did. and maybe if i can catch a cool night to do a run or two in during the next week, i'll try again, then send it out. but i'm sure as fuck not going to shave a second off my 0-60 or 1/8th

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma

the only thing i can think of needing it for is: i don't think i had TC off for the runs i did. and maybe if i can catch a cool night to do a run or two in during the next week, i'll try again, then send it out. but i'm sure as fuck not going to shave a second off my 0-60 or 1/8th
Come over I want to try this thing

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
yes! sorry i haven't made it over yet man, basement buildout has been keeping me busy. maybe today or tomorrow i'll hit you up

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
i'll try again, then send it out. but i'm sure as fuck not going to shave a second off my 0-60 or 1/8th
Definitely try it again. You should be under a 2.0 second 60ft on the street.

When I used to hit the test and tunes pretty regularly a couple of decades ago I found that every 1/10th lost in the 60ft equated to 2/10ths slower in the 1/4 mile ET. Never paid much attention to the 1/8 mile times but I'm sure it's a factor.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

I didn’t think you could even engage launch control unless traction was off.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
well i mean, sport mode, put foot to the floor on gas and brake. the car goes "wroooOOOOMM-D-D-D-D-D-" and when i let off the break it went "bruuuuHHHH???--FFRPPP--BRUHHHHHHHHHH--FDTDPP--BRUUUU--PSHH!!"

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
well i mean, sport mode, put foot to the floor on gas and brake. the car goes "wroooOOOOMM-D-D-D-D-D-" and when i let off the break it went "bruuuuHHHH???--FFRPPP--BRUHHHHHHHHHH--FDTDPP--BRUUUU--PSHH!!"
Lol. My car spins on the street. Turn traction off and try again, it could be killing the fun. I think even a stock R on launch control will 0-60 faster than 4.5.