GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rennwagen Spoiler Extensions

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Hey guys, we've got Spoiler Extensions for the MK7 and MK7.5 GTI and Golf R.

We currently have 2 styles available and created a website in order to make ordering
easy.

Link to site:
Rennwagen

The benefit of these is that there is no drilling required in order to install. Optional
hardware is available for those who would like to install with bolts, (another added bonus
is the hardware does not require removal of the OEM spoiler).

These are NOT built to order. If they are available on the website then they are ready to ship!

This originally started as a group buy in the Cosmetic Mods section and those who
participated expressed they were very happy with them.

194C5D17-A49D-404D-A1EB-4A7C3D68C6A7.png
619D8D36-518B-4DE1-BE34-D4B25CA62EB2.png

Last edited:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
At what point would you recommend the mounting hardware? If I regularly cleared 130mph could I get away with the hardware less application or should I purchase the hardware? Thanks for the link it's nice having an alternative to Aerofabb.

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I offer the hardware mostly just for peace of mind for those who might not like the idea of only using tape.

The tape on these is used in construction to replace rivets, bolts, and welds.
Here is a video demonstrating some different double sided tapes. The 3M VHB is the one that I am using (last example in video). In the video he uses two 1” strips of VHB tape to lift 45lbs worth of weight. These use near 50”+ across the Spoiler Extension.

https://www.findtape.com/videos/double-sided-tape-adhesion-test/v4/#

coakdog47

Hi,
Are there install instructions for the spoiler extension. Seems like it is pretty easy since there is no drilling required if you do not want to. I am looking at getting one of the Type 1 ordered next week. Is the only difference between the two the little cut out on the Type 2 one?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Type 1 ordered!
0F09C17E-0589-4A43-8F87-7EF509DD77AB.jpeg

Type 1 on the way to @hotbascosauce! Thank you for the order!

Last edited:

falconcrest32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Just ordered mine!