GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recommended replacement app connect head unit for GTE MY15

daveonf

Hi all

sorry if this is a repeat post.
I just purchased a October 2015 model year Golf GTE which doesn’t come with app connect in the menus (model number 3Q0035820A). I bought another head unit (3Q0035842B) to replace it and App connect worked but could not select E-mode or Hybrid mode. Component protection was also active however on visiting VW the dealer to have the component protection removed, I was told that the head unit is not compatible with my car as it doesn’t and will not allow me to select e-mode or hybrid mode if fitted.
Anyone able to recommend a compatible unit that will work please? One without the nav option preferably.

Adurm

Go Kart Newbie
I wonder if you can enable it via vagcom

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Hi all

sorry if this is a repeat post.
I just purchased a October 2015 model year Golf GTE which doesn’t come with app connect in the menus (model number 3Q0035820A). I bought another head unit (3Q0035842B) to replace it and App connect worked but could not select E-mode or Hybrid mode. Component protection was also active however on visiting VW the dealer to have the component protection removed, I was told that the head unit is not compatible with my car as it doesn’t and will not allow me to select e-mode or hybrid mode if fitted.
Anyone able to recommend a compatible unit that will work please? One without the nav option preferably.
First thing to do is not take it to heritage VW, they are a bunch of tw@ts!! Both modes Should be able to be activated once CP is removed.

Last edited:

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Also an October 2015 registered gte will be a 2016MY, and as such should have app connect as standard, if you have MIB2 you have app connect, a picture of your new car would be good too?

daveonf

Thanks for the reply. Funny enough thats where I took it to as they were the ones i bought the car from. Can you expand on 5f adaptations please

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
There’s no option for app play/app connect in the menu. Can this be enabled through VAG
Yes, it’s a software as product item and is able to be bought from VW and coded by the dealership, around the £180 mark though I believe.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Thanks for the reply. Funny enough thats where I took it to as they were the ones i bought the car from. Can you expand on 5f adaptations please
5F is the adaptation coding channel in the cars brain, there is a guy on here (don’t remember his user name right now) from the Netherlands who has a GTE and is a pro at hacking and coding the infotainment, he will be your best bet for solid answers and may also be able to help you remotely via the net.

Crunch81

Car(s)
E-Golf 85KW 2014
@daveonf
I have a egolf and had exactly the same problem as you. Don’t worry, just code it it with eleven, it will work.

if you want I can give you the screenshots of my “after programmed” mib2 with all working?

daveonf

@daveonf
I have a egolf and had exactly the same problem as you. Don’t worry, just code it it with eleven, it will work.

if you want I can give you the screenshots of my “after programmed” mib2 with all working?
Thanks crunch81 that would be awesome. As I just moved from BMW to VW I’m now trying to get my head around vcds and vags.
So i take it I need to remove the CP first before coding then?

Crunch81

Car(s)
E-Golf 85KW 2014
@daveonf

allright np, I will share them later today, have to do it through laptop because there are many.

About CP;
Some people have CP enabled and have no sound, then it must be removed. Some people have CP enabled and everything is working, like me. If yours is like mine, everything can be just coded fine without removing CP first. I would recommend to not remove CP because there is a possibility you will lose carplay!!!

daveonf

@daveonf

allright np, I will share them later today, have to do it through laptop because there are many.

About CP;
Some people have CP enabled and have no sound, then it must be removed. Some people have CP enabled and everything is working, like me. If yours is like mine, everything can be just coded fine without removing CP first. I would recommend to not remove CP because there is a possibility you will lose carplay!!!
Everything works on mine, sound works but stays at one level and can’t adjust. CarPlay looks good. Only thing is there’s no option for e-mode or hybrid mode. What model number head unit do you have?

Crunch81

Car(s)
E-Golf 85KW 2014

Attachments

• IMG_0614.jpeg
    IMG_0614.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0615.jpeg
    IMG_0615.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 350

Crunch81

Car(s)