GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

mayday_soc

Car(s)
MK7 TDI
Finally got CS’s in my TDI. Just want to thank everyone for this thread. The information was invaluable. Can confirm MQB sliders 7208800.1B/.2B and bases 87.11.15A/25A fit perfectly regardless of what NAR Recaro tells you. Also, order both kits or none at all because some of the Slider hardware you need is in the Base kit box. Oh, and 2.2ohm .5 watt resistors work as well.

Attachments

• IMG_9831.jpeg
    IMG_9831.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_9837.jpeg
    IMG_9837.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_9968.jpeg
    IMG_9968.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 213

LVE2DRV

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone on here tried modifying their OEM seat rails to mount Recaro bases on them?

i am in a process of building mine was just looking for some suggestions or pointers. For those asking why not just go with planted bases, i do have them and recaro sliders but they sit to high and being tall 6'4" i find they are not providing enought thigh support for longer drives. I am trying to make the back portion of the seat to sit as low as possible with oem slider and front portion to be raised a few inches to give addequate support.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
These are the perfect replacement bolts (the home depot ones without a flange start chewing the base up when tightened down).

IMG_0561.jpeg

mayday_soc

Car(s)
MK7 TDI
@Track R Do you hear any rattling with the new setup? I have a rattle coming from the mqb passenger slider. It’s very difficult to pinpoint. If I have a passenger or I put slight pressure on the seat with my hand while driving the rattle stops. Everything is tight tho. It’s driving me nuts.

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
I had the same rattle on my MQB passenger and everything torqued to 22nm but wasn't sure if it was the tension spring on my Pole Positions or some sort of harmonic vibration, the only thing I think it most likely to be is the 2pc handle rattling.

The new seat base/rails are dead quiet without issue and sit nice and low, but they have a 1pc handle and different Recaro sliders.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Replaced my euro Recaro Golf 7 87.11.15A/25A adapters for a set of euro Recaro Scirocco,A3,Leon adapters 86.83.16/26 since they sit lower and on center with the steering wheel versus the Golf V,VI,TT 86.84.16/26 kit.

Curious - did you ever look at planted brackets? They seem to be on center for me and are quite low.

Do you have photos of the porsche seatbelt holders? Also run schroth harnesses and curious what they look like/what function they serve.

THanks