GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear SwayBar Endlink Advice. Got some noise

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Its a torque wretch with rotating setting which I have. I did look up nice electric ones but they are like 200$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is yours too big to fit in there? I have a smaller mechanical with an extension, fits in all those tight spaces around the rear suspension.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Is yours too big to fit in there? I have a smaller mechanical with an extension, fits in all those tight spaces around the rear suspension.

Its kinda big like 20” it can fit just not sure about it all. Got an appointment setup for tuesday. Ordered 2 endlinks. Gonna let someone put the endlinks on for cheap. I really dont have the expertise to do it professionally even tho i think its a simpler job. At this point with all the noise I wouldnt not be suprised if both oem endlinks are broken. Im thinking i have the bar pretty tight to the chasis, and then endlinks where on good. Im just suprised it makes this much noise.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Looked under again before i left for the gym, seems in tack, still loud n clunking, popping torquein ill be interested to hear what the mechainc says it is.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Its kinda big like 20” it can fit just not sure about it all. Got an appointment setup for tuesday. Ordered 2 endlinks. Gonna let someone put the endlinks on for cheap. I really dont have the expertise to do it professionally even tho i think its a simpler job. At this point with all the noise I wouldnt not be suprised if both oem endlinks are broken. Im thinking i have the bar pretty tight to the chasis, and then endlinks where on good. Im just suprised it makes this much noise.

Yeah, once a mechanic installs all the stuff, it should be fine.

Here's the wrench I bought.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZVQVSY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the response. Do you think the moog are better than the superpros. I really like them. Lastnight it was raining hard so it was hard to work tbh. Up on the ramps it was all tight so i said ok for today. Im thinking today I should get the endlinks on a 1 day. Im still not 100% on how someone torqes to oem endlinks to bar since there is a triple square in the middle. Bar to chassis i can do since its triple square only.

I have the emd rear sway bar and was using the stock end links for awhile but they started clunking and popping pretty bad. I got some super pro end links and they immediately fixed the noise issue and did feel a little tighter in the rear. I have a 1/2 inch electric impact gun and I took the rear control arms down from the knuckles. Unbolted shock bolt, control arm to spindle bolt and the 13 mm for the end link. I just gunned the nut off the link and gunned down the nut for the link to bar tight as hell. Granted I'm AWD so it might look different compared to the gti. It's a really good combo and isnt effected by being low since I'm on bc racing coils pretty low.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I have the emd rear sway bar and was using the stock end links for awhile but they started clunking and popping pretty bad. I got some super pro end links and they immediately fixed the noise issue and did feel a little tighter in the rear. I have a 1/2 inch electric impact gun and I took the rear control arms down from the knuckles. Unbolted shock bolt, control arm to spindle bolt and the 13 mm for the end link. I just gunned the nut off the link and gunned down the nut for the link to bar tight as hell. Granted I'm AWD so it might look different compared to the gti. It's a really good combo and isnt effected by being low since I'm on bc racing coils pretty low.

I ordered the moog endlinks will be picking them up tomorrow. Heard some decent things. I was also looking at superpro. Went with the cheaper for now. Got an appt aetup for tuesday for a shop to install. Might have to reschedule due to the snow tho. Ill let everyone here know how it all goes. My money is on, the oem endlinks being shit and not torqued right.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Update: Moog endlinks FOR THE WIN! they cost like nothing, shop put them on for about nothing and there is no noise. Im a happy camper. If you want to buy, make sure you order 2 as they are sold as 1 endlink lol

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I just ordered the 034 rear bar for my 2017 Sport and have a couple of questions:
1. I need to pick up a set of ramps- any suggestions or recommendations?

2. I have the OEM rear mud guards installed. Will the ramps interfere with the mud guards or will I have to remove them?
3. I am buying a set of adjustable end links and don't want to deal with spherical bearings for street use. I'm looking at these as the low-end option. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/adjustable-rear-sway-bar-end-links-pair/015134ecs01-kt/ Anybody have any experience with these?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I just ordered the 034 rear bar for my 2017 Sport and have a couple of questions:
1. I need to pick up a set of ramps- any suggestions or recommendations?

2. I have the OEM rear mud guards installed. Will the ramps interfere with the mud guards or will I have to remove them?
3. I am buying a set of adjustable end links and don't want to deal with spherical bearings for street use. I'm looking at these as the low-end option. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/adjustable-rear-sway-bar-end-links-pair/015134ecs01-kt/ Anybody have any experience with these?

From my personal experience, ramps will work with mud guards. I have/use both. Get the rhino ramps from walmart. They are good been using them for 1.5 years. I dont know if you can take the sway bar out under load, aka on ramps. Might have to be jacked up, I would check on that. For the end links, i have the moog they work fine. Been driving them for about 1-2 weeks. I wouldnt see y you should get anything else.