GOLFMKV

Rear Sway Bar Calculation

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
just info for the thread

GTi PP rear sway bar 5Q0511305AT 21.7 x 3mm as linked to

Unknown rear bar for MQB platform 5Q0511305BA 21.7 x 3.6mm (I haven't check if this would fit)

ps
I just checked your photo collection to see what tyres your're
currently running. Beautiful GTI, looks tasteful!

thanks, PS4's on the car

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Part 5Q0511305BA is used and compatible with these Volkswagen cars

Seat
Volkswagen
Golf, Variant, 4Motion Local Market 2013 Golf AU-D-000 001 >>, 2014 Golf AU-E-000 001 >>, 2014 Golf Variant AU-E-500 001 >>, 2015 Golf, 2015 Golf Variant
Golf (D) Brazil 2013, 2014, 2015
Golf South Africa 2013 For VINs from AU-D-000 001, 2014, 2015

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Fitted the ClubSport S sway bar/anti roll bar today.

Tricky getting it past the exhaust so lowered it down on the hangers at the rear. reused the existing stabilisers as they were in perfect working order. Bar is thicker internally (by 20% approx i think we worked out), heavier on the scales but not sure if the shore rating of the bushes are standard or stiffer.

Car only has 15k on the clock so bushes on existing bar in good order
Now with new bar fitted car feels a little flatter at the rear and a little more pointy at the front, without noticing any difference of choppy ride over undulating roads and bumps (UK country roads). Surprised I noticed any change as its only a small enhancement, but with the CSS front bushes to be replaced soon it should just work together nicely, and give a little OEM+ tweek without any obvious negatives.

P1020998re by Emmber, on Flickr

Last edited:

buck890

Passed Driver's Ed

Tricky getting it past the exhaust so lowered it down on the hangers at the rear. reused the existing stabilisers as they were in perfect working order. Bar is thicker internally (by 20% approx i think we worked out), heavier on the scales but not sure if the shore rating of the bushes are standard or stiffer.

Car only has 15k on the clock (with new bar fitted)
Car feels a flatter at the rear and a little more pointy at the front, without noticing any difference of choppy ride over undulating roads and bumps (UK country roads). Surprised I noticed any change as its only a small enhancement, but with the CSS front bushes to be replaced soon it should just work together nicely, and give a little OEM+ tweek without any obvious negatives.

How much and where from? Thanks.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Car only has 15k on the clock (with new bar fitted)
Car feels a flatter at the rear and a little more pointy at the front, without noticing any difference of choppy ride over undulating roads and bumps (UK country roads). Surprised I noticed any change as its only a small enhancement, but with the CSS front bushes to be replaced soon it should just work together nicely, and give a little OEM+ tweek without any obvious negatives.

Now this is an upgrade I'd love to do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Same diameter yes, 20% thicker though as the original is hollow and so is this one. That why it's a little heavier . If you are looking for big gains the after market is your best bet without a doubt, and in some ways that's what the after market is for. No point spending £300 on bars to not notice it clearly. But I like to fit subtle mods from original equipment, and as this has been tested on the MQB platform for the CSS along with the front bushes, hubs, camber etc it makes sense to me to fit a VW part that works with the front ARB (CSS front ARB is the same as the GTI PP).

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Same diameter yes, 20% thicker though as the original is hollow and so is this one. That why it's a little heavier . If you are looking for big gains the after market is your best bet without a doubt, and in some ways that's what the after market is for. No point spending £300 on bars to not notice it clearly. But I like to fit subtle mods from original equipment, and as this has been tested on the MQB platform for the CSS along with the front bushes, hubs, camber etc it makes sense to me to fit a VW part that works with the front ARB (CSS front ARB is the same as the GTI PP).

That's the same bar I linked above. It's the same as the PP. it's the new part number for it. Just the last two numbers have changed. There was some suspicion that the tubing was slightly thicker though. Good upgrade over the stock solid bar for sure.