GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear suspension refresh

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
2016 R: I had Bilstein B6 and Eibach springs fitted at 55k miles. I'm now at 93k miles and it feels as though the back end of the car is slow to turn into corners and kind of wallows. (I put GTI Clubsport S bushes on the front when I did the shox/springs and the front still feels pretty sharp.)

I'm not sure whether to replace all the bushes in the rear with OEM or to go with Poly bushes (Powerflex). Can anyone speak to NVH with going full Poly in the rear or whether only some of the bushes would need replacing? I bought Powerflex rear trailing arm bushes which seem to be a popular upgrade but there are so many other bushes back there.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Folks do the trailing arm because it's simple. Might start there. I have the SuperPro r. trailing arm bushings.

Triple B

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
Thanks, I bought the PowerFlex RT Arm bushes - will throw them on and see if it feels any sharper. After that I'll probably replace with the rest with OEM. It's so hard to tell visually if they need replacing - rubber these days doesn't crumble like the old stuff from the 70's - it jsut loses some of its properties.

Pierreoj

Car(s)
Alltrack 2018
Thanks, I bought the PowerFlex RT Arm bushes - will throw them on and see if it feels any sharper. After that I'll probably replace with the rest with OEM. It's so hard to tell visually if they need replacing - rubber these days doesn't crumble like the old stuff from the 70's - it jsut loses some of its properties.
Hi Triple B,

I replaced the rear TA bushings at 90k miles with the Powerflex purple. My choice was based that It didn’t require a press. The originals looked brand new. Did yours look worn?

In the end I was pleased with the improvements, and it complement the rear subframe inserts. No NVH other than a bit more tire noise that came from the subframe inserts.

Have you identified other bushings that require replacement?

Cheers

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Hi Triple B,

I replaced the rear TA bushings at 90k miles with the Powerflex purple. My choice was based that It didn’t require a press. The originals looked brand new. Did yours look worn?

In the end I was pleased with the improvements, and it complement the rear subframe inserts. No NVH other than a bit more tire noise that came from the subframe inserts.

Have you identified other bushings that require replacement?

Cheers
I run the Superpro TA bushing and 034 r. subframe insert...great setup.