GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear main leak?

F1fletch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Rabbit GTI
I have a leak too, taking it to the dealer this week. I originally thought is was the sloppy work from the last oil change but cleaned under there pretty good and a couple weeks later I have a nice big spot, oil all around the area of the oil pan but the spot on the floor looked lighter to me........
I don’t want to read too much into it until I have evidence of what really is going on, but with 25k miles and being about 1.5 years old, sure doesn’t give me confidence ;(

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I am not too concerned. Leaks are not a big deal. Just a bit inconvenient. I have not made an appointment yet, will probably do so this week.

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
Took it in for service. The part needed, 2Q409055D, is on back order. Appears that the whole diff lock assembly is being replaced. Parts are expected in about a week and a half.

F1fletch

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Rabbit GTI
Took mine to the dealer and after thorough investigation they found the previous oil change done by muppets evidently made a huge mess up top which was running down and around the oil pan. What a joke.

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
Part replaced, the dealership experience was great. The paperwork I got back was something I had never seen. Every detail of the removal and install was detailed on the invoice. Every nut, bolt, part removed and installed were noted and in the order the work was done. They knew I worked as a mechanic between college careers and was able to diagnose the problem. Wonder if they do that for all customers? It was like reading the FSM in sentence format. Call me impressed.