GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RB's 2.0TDI SE Urano Grey + Madrid Alloys

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Pretty sure you can browse the previous received/made calls list from the MFD and call those back, and I think you can select different lists, including the favourites list.

Yes, that's true, but that's useless for me as my work phone doesn't actually show me 'real' contact info as it regularly contacts base to pick up emails. If you can select a different list, I'd love to know if that's possible as no matter what I've tried only way I can get access to the numbers that matter are from the MFD and I don't want to be accessing that when driving. Shame the option of accessing the contacts from the steering wheel controls was removed (as per the MK6) as that was definitely the preferred option.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
I'll have a play and let you know. I'm sure I saw a dialogue that offered a choice of which contacts list to browse.

Davefevs

Passed Driver's Ed
New to this forum as my company car is due for renewal on 1st March 2015, and as I don't get a great allowance I'm hooked into the Golf Match (have a mk6 Bluemotion currently).

Apart from deciding the odd extras like Parking Assist and Tinted Windows on b-pillar, the main deliberation has been the colour!

So, really pleased to see your pics of the Urano Grey. It looks really nice, and not sure why some websites are so critical of it.

What is it like for showing dirt and marks.....my current Georgia Blue is good, and the family Sharan is Pantheon Grey isn't too bad either?

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Sorry for the late reply - it's not too bad at all for dirt etc. Much better than my old black MKVI anyway! I'd be in the same boat as you if I was ordering now and would have gone for the Match - unfortunately it would have had to have been bog standard with no options though, so I'm quite glad I was able to go for the SE and add the alloys.

A number of my mates have commented what a great looking colour it is - I was pleasantly surprised when it turned up I have to admit.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
10k hit

So yesterday, the MKVII hit the 10K mark on a trip up from the midlands to the North York Moors for work. On the 180 mile trip up, the car showed an average of 62mpg - best I've had yet, but that'll be mainly due to the large number of 50mph average speed camera stretches covering the north part of the M1 at the moment!

So, it's taken nearly 8 months to cover the 10k and nearly 4 months to do the 4k from my last update post at the end of July.

I'm still loving the car and have had no issues at all with it. I do really notice when I've not done any long drives in it as the fuel economy takes a huge dive and I'm lucky to get just over 400 miles out of the tank.

I've not done anything else to the car as yet - I'm still very tempted to go for a set of the LED tail lights, but until the prices calm down a bit I'm going to hold off - can't really justify spending around £400 on a set of lights for a car that isn't mine - I suppose when it comes to handing the car back in 2018 I should be able to recoup some of the cash outlay, but for the mo I'll hold off.

Certainly seeing more MKVII's out and about now including a few 'R's as well which are always great to see and especially so when the right foot is planted into the carpet :D.

Last edited:

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Oh well wasn't expecting that - found a set of LED tail lights on ebay - luckily chap was local, so did a deal at £270 - now need to find time to fit them and the weather for fitting as well!

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Just fitted the rear LED tail lights - very happy with them and not too tricky following the guide on here.

Last edited:

mlewando

Ready to race!
They looks so much better than standard ones!
Must have for every Golf!

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Definitely - if you can find a set at a good price definitely worth doing. So much brighter than the standard lights. Not difficult to fit provided you get the extra long cables (carsystems.pl or kufatec) and then follow the instructions on here and job done.

mui_michael

Definitely - if you can find a set at a good price definitely worth doing. So much brighter than the standard lights. Not difficult to fit provided you get the extra long cables (carsystems.pl or kufatec) and then follow the instructions on here and job done.
Wish Australian eBay have them for sale... I've got nothing here over in Australia......[emoji20]

redbutcher

Ready to race!
So just over a year old with 14k covered - significantly less mileage than expected, mainly due to a change in the nature of my job - more remote work rather than having to go on site - more time working at home, but less time driving the Golf ;).

Nothing massive to report - still totally love the LED tail lights - sooooo glad I was able to find a decent deal on these.

No troubles to report - service is coming up in 5k according to the car info. My parents are now considering an estate as they are so impressed with mine (they have 3 dogs so need the estate).

Economy has generally been in high 40s or low to high 50s depending on driving style, but town driving does hammer the economy. If I'm doing all long motorway runs, can get high 50s out of a tank. Single long journeys will see me get low 60s which is great for a 2.0 in my opinion.

So in summary, so far so good!

redbutcher

Ready to race!
My car is parked on the street outside and it can be quite tight to get two cars passed with both sides of the street full of parked cars.

Anyway, some idiot managed to get to close, scraped my front wing and has left a nice crease in it which shouldn't be there and given my wing mirror a nice scrape too - nothing too major but annoying nonetheless.

So, work have got it all in hand luckily - wonder what lovely courtesy car I'll end up with.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
My job for the weekend:-

Folding mirror conversion for my SE - need new door modules as well, but luckily found a complete set on eBay. Just need to switch over the mirror covers and hopefully following the USP Motorsports guide it shouldn't be too tricky.

Last edited: