rain = auto close windows

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
via VCDS

I have googled this topic. There isn’t any solution via VCDS yet for MK7 that works.

From the tread below:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2491

In the first posting, point 6:

6. Automatic rain closing
Go into [09] Central Electronics
Go into Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:
- (15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
- (16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
- (28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) – Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen)​
The RLFS setting is missing. VCDS 12.12.2 doesn’t support a change of this setting.
Have tried without any success :rolleyes:!

If you go via the longcode helper it says something with value out of range or similar.
Please, post the solution if someone have it.

/Peter

Last edited:

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Got it enabled no problem on mine - is it a build date thing?

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Got it enabled no problem on mine - is it a build date thing?

I came so far that I could see this tick box in the display. Never the less when ticked it on my “R” it didn’t close any windows or sunroof at all…..the car is built late Feb 2014. Therefore my googling….

Which BW do you have?

/Peter

redbutcher

Ready to race!
I came so far that Ii could see this tick box in the display. Never the less when ticked it on my “R” it didn’t close any windows or sunroof at all…..the car is built late Feb 2014. Therefore my googling….

/Peter

Ahhh - right Peter - cheers for that - must admit I'm yet to try it out - typically it's not raining here and it's a bank holiday! MY BW was 13/01.

Last edited:

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Ahhh - right Peter - cheers for that - must admit I'm yet to try it out - typically it's not raining here and it's a bank holiday!

Lack of Rain – No problem :D:

After locking the car wait about 30 seconds. Then just splash some water on the rain sensor placed at the rear mirror on the windscreen. After some delay the closing takes place (if you are lucky ;)).

I activated this successfully on my former GTI 6. Now I’m not so successful any more…

/Peter

southwales1977

Ready to race!
I believe the convenience window opening and closing refers to the ability to do so using the remote.

Hold down unlock for a few seconds for them to open, lock for them to close.

Not aware that it shuts them in the rain automatically.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Lack of Rain – No problem :D:

After locking the car wait about 30 seconds. Then just splash some water on the rain sensor placed at the rear mirror on the windscreen. After some delay the closing takes place (if you are lucky ;)).

I activated this successfully on my former GTI 6. Now I’m not so successful any more…

/Peter

Just tried it - didn't work - oh well :(.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I believe the convenience window opening and closing refers to the ability to do so using the remote.

Hold down unlock for a few seconds for them to open, lock for them to close.

Not aware that it shuts them in the rain automatically.

Yes, the convenience opening / closing is something different.

/Peter