GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 Scirocco for sale in the US

Boje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I don't think anyone's posted this in here yet? Just in case anyone's feeling flush...

Listing: https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3B...doug&utm_medium=youtube&utm_campaign=scirocco

Video:

1686868747385.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I don't see the appeal. It does look good, but I don't think I would be that much happier in that vs a Golf.

I do see the soap of the VR6. Would love to have that drivetrain in an MK7.

Finally, how is that legal in the US?
Doesn't meet the 25 year rule.
It's not like importing a Golf that is already sold here and has been crash tested unless he somehow proved it was identical enough.
I thought it was going to be just a rebodied Golf with a US VIN, but I didn't see that info anywhere.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
OK, I need to sell a kidney, arm, leg, and all other non necessary organs to buy this car.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
It's a rebodied r32. The vin is a reassigned vin.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
It's a rebodied r32. The vin is a reassigned vin.
Cause in the video he said he bought a new car from Germany and imported it. I imagine it's the same car with a transferred VIN from a donor R32 (donor donating just the VIN)

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
And the driveline, but mainly the vin.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
$33k with 6 days left. Sheesh! Cool car for sure. I remember lusting after a Scirocco when I saw one in Singapore but would rather have a S3 Avant if I had the choice.

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
God I wish I had that car lol.

I expect HPA nailed the conversion but the "R32 of Theseus" debate in the auction comments section is existentially interesting

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
The "new" Scirocco is what brought me to my previous MK6 GTI, and on to my MK7.
A friend of mine has a first gen Scirocco in around '78.
He purchased it used at the local Honda dealership largely at my urging.
Over the years and decades since, I had largely lost interest in the Golf GTI.
Fast forward to around 2011, and a friend of mine at work asked me if I had seen the new Scirocco.
After looking it up, I wanted it.
Bad.
Well, the realization that we wouldn't be getting one stateside - coupled with the fact that my twin sons were around 9 years old - lead me to look into the MK6 GTI.
The rest is history.