GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R on the way

Blade

Well I've gone and ordered an R after gaining lots of useful info on here.

Lapiz Blue, 5 door, DSG, winter pack, Sat Nav.

Kept it simple as I will need some serious funds to get it to where I want it.
Very happy....now the wait begins

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Hi Blade, Congrats to the “on order” R!

When you write “Kept it simple as I will need some serious funds to get it to where I want it”, are you referring to tuning under the bonnet and some SW tuning :)?

/Peter

Blade

Hi Blade, Congrats to the “on order” R!

When you write “Kept it simple as I will need some serious funds to get it to where I want it”, are you referring to tuning under the bonnet and some SW tuning :)?

/Peter

Hi Peter, I always like to improve my rides. Potential for 400bhp are realistic with this engine, then the car will be going on a diet, circa 1100kg target. If I can get that it will be a potent road car.

Croc-Dundee

Passed Driver's Ed
Congratulations Blade I'm sure you can't wait!… and in reference to Willow's previous post I've ordered a Reflex silver one rather than Lapiz blue.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Hi Peter, I always like to improve my rides. Potential for 400bhp are realistic with this engine, then the car will be going on a diet, circa 1100kg target. If I can get that it will be a potent road car.

Agree, improvement is interesting. I have ended up tuning many cars over the years but haven’t decided about the R. Did you order a manual or DSG?

400hp, this is probably a goal which shouldn’t be to “advanced” when it comes to investments. As mentioned in another tread there are figures from MTM in DE SW mod. of 360hp for Audi s3 (same engine).

If you add aftermarket solutions regarding SW/Exhaust/Down pipe/Sport cat /Air-intake, do you think you will be nearby your goal figure then or do you need to go further? At this stage impossible to know - perhaps a rough estimation.

To get rid of 350 kg is a challenge…. Swapping parts to lightweights is costly.

/Peter

Blade

Agree, improvement is interesting. I have ended up tuning many cars over the years but haven’t decided about the R. Did you order a manual or DSG?

400hp, this is probably a goal which shouldn’t be to “advanced” when it comes to investments. As mentioned in another tread there are figures from MTM in DE SW mod. of 360hp for Audi s3 (same engine).

If you add aftermarket solutions regarding SW/Exhaust/Down pipe/Sport cat /Air-intake, do you think you will be nearby your goal figure then or do you need to go further? At this stage impossible to know - perhaps a rough estimation.

To get rid of 350 kg is a challenge…. Swapping parts to lightweights is costly.

/Peter

I have DSG transmission. Full turbo back exhausts are already being developed! and ECU coding I suspect will be available within a few months. They car is said to be 1200kg so I'm estimating I am going to have to loose around 100kg. This may however prove very costly so time will tell I suppose.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I have DSG transmission. Full turbo back exhausts are already being developed! and ECU coding I suspect will be available within a few months. They car is said to be 1200kg so I'm estimating I am going to have to loose around 100kg. This may however prove very costly so time will tell I suppose.

About the weight, it’s heavier than 1200 kg. Both the DE and SE configurators says 1476 kg for a manual and 1495 kg for DSG.

That’s approximately the same weight (1440) I have today of my GTI 6.

/Peter

Blade

I stand corrected then, I read the weight from a German website somewhere. Let's hope it's a bit lighter. I still intend to take out the weight so will still reap the benefits.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
How on earth do you plan on shedding so much weight from the car?

I can't help wondering if you're being more than a tad optimisitic.

Blade

100kg is a target, whether achievable time will tell. A titanium exhaust will get rid if 30kg straight away. Light weight Oz wheels maybe 5kg a corner, ARB,s, engine mounts and intercooler to name but a few all come in lightweight applications. That's before you look at seats.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Are you planning on a lot of track use? Otherwise the question has to by why?

A Titanium exhaust must cost an arm and a leg - if you have to have 400bhp why not just buy a 400bhp car?

Sorry if I sound obtuse, but I simply don't understand wha you're trying to achieve and why - especially to a brand new state of the art car whose warranty you'll presumably be voiding.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Fair enough.