GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick oil question/ ECS Tuning Kit

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
Hello all just a quick question, I’ve always used the ECS Tuning oil change kit that came with Castrol Edge. Been using the same kit since 2014 when I bought the GTI.

The other day I ordered the same kit and it came with oil by VW/Audi

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/oil-service-kit/06l115562kt/

I’m one of those people where oil is oil as long as it’s 502 00 but does anyone know who makes this one? Goin to change the oil tonight so I was just curious as I don’t know as much about this stuff as most of you

thanks

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
Not sure about the 502 oil, but I believe VW has partnered with Mobil 1 recently...at least that's what I've read regarding the 508 that is spec'd for the 2019 and up. Got the same VW/Audi bottles, but 508/0W-20 on my order. I had to call a couple dealers to get 4 more quarts of Castrol Edge so that I could have 6 for a future OC.

Last edited:

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Correct. VW has partnered with Exxon Mobil as their oil supplier-at least in US.

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
Not sure about the 502 oil, but I believe VW has partnered with Mobil 1 recently...at least that's what I've read regarding the 508 that is spec'd for the 2019 and up. Got the same VW/Audi bottles, but 508/0W-20 on my order. I had to call a couple dealers to get 4 more quarts of Castrol Edge so that I could have 6 for a future OC.

so these are not 502 00?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
The switch is for all VW spec oils.

Inka Orange

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit 6MT
so these are not 502 00?

I'm sure your oil is the 502 00 that you ordered. I just did a lousy job of explaining that I only knew about the 508/0W-20 as being supplied by Mobil. Apparently it is the 502 and others as well. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
I've never seen a VW/Audi oil bottle, but most oil I've seen have certifications and manufacturer on the back. Do these not have that?

acapvwgti

Ready to race!
I've never seen a VW/Audi oil bottle, but most oil I've seen have certifications and manufacturer on the back. Do these not have that?

yup it’s all good. It’s 502 00. Just opened the box now. Even the OEM box had all 6 inside with 1 pn.

looks like it’s made by Mobile. Thanks for the replies.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yes, it has the VW502 00 approval. Just the Mobil 1 OE oil.