GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

question to any of you englishmen.

danger dan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
gti
so i just had a question regarding transportation in the UK. i am flying there in 2 weeks for my spring break and know 2 people out there i am going to stay with. ones in leicester and another in ipswich. i was originally just going to spend maybe 4 days at each of their places but i think i would rather just backpack around england and maybe just spend a couple days with each of them. book some hostels instead.

so my question is do i need to have a game plan and buy all my train tickets in advance or can i just show up and buy tickets as i go. should i get some sort of a rail pass considering i will be doing a lot of traveling around, can you even get one just specifically for england?

thanks for the help guys. guess im just kinda overwhelmed with this whole concept of "public transportation" that we lack here in the states.

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
well I know that if you want to travel around Europe, they have something that is called an EU railpass that you need to buy here before you go. It's about 140 I think and is good for about a month (or longer, can't remember), or at least that's what it was when I went 2 years ago. I would have to imagine if they have this, they have one for England as well but my guess is that if you want it cheaper you would have to buy it here. Call up a travel agency and ask them?