GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question on E Blends

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Just curious on how much of a e blend can you run if you just do a Hpfp internals. I can't do multi port and a lpfp atm but want a little more power out of my Vortex XL (pump gas). I know i'll have to get retuned for the blend and get a hpfp but also want to add a 5bar kit. Currently tuned through Stratified and my oem fuel system is maxed out currently.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Look at HPFP effective duty in your logs. Upgraded hpfp can flow about 30% more.

However upgraded HPFP won't help at all at higher revs-- LPFP will be the limiting factor. You can't really directly measure LPFP pressure, so you have to infer based on what's going on with DI fuel pressure/HPFP duty.

Either way, HPFP will let you run more mid range boost, but won't help at higher revs (say, past 5500) where the XL will really shine anyways.

If you want to run E85, don't bother with HPFP upgrade and save for MPI/LPFP.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti
Look at HPFP effective duty in your logs. Upgraded hpfp can flow about 30% more.

However upgraded HPFP won't help at all at higher revs-- LPFP will be the limiting factor. You can't really directly measure LPFP pressure, so you have to infer based on what's going on with DI fuel pressure/HPFP duty.

Either way, HPFP will let you run more mid range boost, but won't help at higher revs (say, past 5500) where the XL will really shine anyways.

If you want to run E85, don't bother with HPFP upgrade and save for MPI/LPFP.
Perfect ty for the info I'm going to just save for mpi and a lpfp. Just do it right once and be done with it.