GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PZEV Warranty 150000 Miles or 15 Year

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
So its getting to the point were our warranty is over with if we didn't purchase the extended warranty. Luckily for us we have the PZEV warranty that covered lots of parts as long as you are NOT tuned (Or they dont run a flash check on ECU).

MUST BE NOT TUNED, MUST NOT HAVE ANY MODIFICATIONS IN THE ENGINE BAY VISABLE (AIR INTAKE, DOWNPIPE, INLET PIPE, ECT) THEY WILL TRY AND VOID WARRANTY IF POSSIBLE.

3.23.2.3 15/150 PZEV/AT-PZEV CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS WARRANTIES TABLE
Some Volkswagen models may be specially equipped to meet California Partial Zero Emission
Vehicle (PZEV) or Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicles (AT-PZEV)

requirements, as identified on the Vehicle Emission Control Information Label located under the hood.
Additionally, PZEV/AT-PZEV models may be identified by checking the VIN for “Warranty Key” US9
(PZEV Coverage See Warranty Policy) in ElsaPro > Vehicle Data. The “Warranty Key” section
heading in ElsaPro only appears if a “Warranty Key” is attached to the VIN.
If a PZEV/AT-PZEV vehicle fails a Smog Check inspection, OR if any emission-related part is found to
be defective, the part will be repaired or replaced by Volkswagen for 15 years or 150,000 miles,
whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle is delivered to either the original purchaser or the
original lessee; or if the vehicle is first placed in service as a "demonstrator" or "company" car, on the
date such vehicle is first placed in service. This represents the emission control system
PERFORMANCE WARRANTY and DEFECTS WARRANTY.
For these vehicles, Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America,
Inc. ("Volkswagen"), warrants to the original retail purchaser or original lessee and any subsequent
purchaser or lessee that every model year 2017 Volkswagen vehicle imported by Volkswagen and
certified for sale and registered in California:
Was designed, built and equipped so as to conform with all applicable requirements of the
California Air Resources Board (California ARB) and
Is free from defects in material and workmanship which cause the vehicle to fail to conform with
California ARB requirements, including any defect which would cause the vehicle’s onboard
malfunction indicator to illuminate, for 15 years/150,000 for PZEV/AT-PZEV models, whichever occurs first.

IMPORTANT: For High-Voltage batteries in Hybrid models equipped to meet AT-PZEV
requirements, the warranty term is 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
WHEN THE WARRANTY PERIOD BEGINS
The warranty period begins on the date the vehicle is delivered to either the original retail purchaser or
the original lessee, or if the vehicle is first placed in service as a "demonstrator" or "company" car, on
the date such vehicle is first placed in service.
The following is a generic list of emission-related components which would be covered for 15 years or​

150,000 miles, whichever occurs first, for PZEV/AT-PZEV vehicles.

Service Number* Component Covered For 15 Years/150000 Miles

1714 Oil Filler Cap
1726 PCV Valve
1911 Coolant Level Sensor
1913 Coolant Fan Con. Switch
1970 Direct Ozone Reduction (DOR) Radiator/Sensor
1978 Temperature Sending Unit
2005 Fuel Filler Cap
2007 Filler Neck
2010 Fuel Tank
2019 Gravity Valve
2022 Activated Charcoal Line
2024 Canister Purge Solenoid/Valve
2025 Canister
2038 Fuel Feed Line
2039 Fuel Return Line
2044 Fuel Line​
2048 Leak Detection Pump
2562 Volume Air Flow Sensor
2567 Vacuum Amplifier
2568 Idle Air Control Valve
2574 Throttle Position Switch/Sensor
2580 Intake Manifold
2588 Idle Air Control Valve System
2604 CO Content Pipe
2610 Exhaust Manifold
2617 Exhaust Pipe (Manifold to Catalyst)
2639 EGR Valve
2640 Secondary Air Injection Shut-Off Check Valve
2641 EGR Vacuum Hoses
2642 EGR Temperature Sensor
2644 Solenoid Valve
2654 Thermal Vacuum Valve
2655 Secondary Air Injection Relay
2665 Secondary Air Injection Pump
2666 Pressure Hose
2668 Anti-Backfire Valve
2670 Pre-catalytic Converter
2672 Three-Way Catalytic Converter Temperature Sensor
2673 Three-Way Catalytic Converter
2817 Ignition Coil Power Output Stage
2820 Ignition Coil (Tri-Coil Pack)
2823 Ignition System Control Module
2830 Distributor Assembly
2832 Distributor Cap
2834 Distributor Rotor
2839 Vehicle Speed Sensors (Camshaft Position Sensor)
2853 Spark Plug Wires
2855 Coil Wire
2870 Spark Plugs
2872 Knock Sensors
2873 Crankshaft Position Sensor
2884 Glow Plug
2885 Glow Plug Relay
3707 Park Neutral Switch
3730 Transmission Control Module
9009 Speed Sensor
9025 Instrument Cluster​
N/A MIL Lamp

MISCELLANEOUS COMPONENTS (EMISSIONS-RELATED)

Emissions-related hoses, clamps, belts, pulleys, tubes, fittings, sealing devices, and mounting
hardware are covered if they are used on one of the above components. For example, items such as
defective gaskets would be covered, i.e. Exhaust Manifold Gasket (2609).
The duration of the warranty on any miscellaneous component is equal to the duration of the warranty on the component it is used on.​

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
This is actually pretty interesting for us in California... though I doubt I will make it to 10 year or 150k mile without tuning!

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
This is actually pretty interesting for us in California... though I doubt I will make it to 10 year or 150k mile without tuning!

its 15 years, but yes im trying not to tune my car

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
So its getting to the point were our warranty is over with if we didn't purchase the extended warranty. Luckily for us we have the PZEV warranty that covered lots of parts as long as you are NOT tuned (Or they dont run a flash check on ECU).

MUST BE NOT TUNED, MUST NOT HAVE ANY MODIFICATIONS IN THE ENGINE BAY VISABLE (AIR INTAKE, DOWNPIPE, INLET PIPE, ECT) THEY WILL TRY AND VOID WARRANTY IF POSSIBLE.

3.23.2.3 15/150 PZEV/AT-PZEV CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS WARRANTIES TABLE
Some Volkswagen models may be specially equipped to meet California Partial Zero Emission
Vehicle (PZEV) or Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicles (AT-PZEV)

requirements, as identified on the Vehicle Emission Control Information Label located under the hood.
Additionally, PZEV/AT-PZEV models may be identified by checking the VIN for “Warranty Key” US9
(PZEV Coverage See Warranty Policy) in ElsaPro > Vehicle Data. The “Warranty Key” section
heading in ElsaPro only appears if a “Warranty Key” is attached to the VIN.
If a PZEV/AT-PZEV vehicle fails a Smog Check inspection, OR if any emission-related part is found to
be defective, the part will be repaired or replaced by Volkswagen for 15 years or 150,000 miles,
whichever occurs first, from the date the vehicle is delivered to either the original purchaser or the
original lessee; or if the vehicle is first placed in service as a "demonstrator" or "company" car, on the
date such vehicle is first placed in service. This represents the emission control system
PERFORMANCE WARRANTY and DEFECTS WARRANTY.
For these vehicles, Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America,
Inc. ("Volkswagen"), warrants to the original retail purchaser or original lessee and any subsequent
purchaser or lessee that every model year 2017 Volkswagen vehicle imported by Volkswagen and
certified for sale and registered in California:
Was designed, built and equipped so as to conform with all applicable requirements of the
California Air Resources Board (California ARB) and
Is free from defects in material and workmanship which cause the vehicle to fail to conform with
California ARB requirements, including any defect which would cause the vehicle’s onboard
malfunction indicator to illuminate, for 15 years/150,000 for PZEV/AT-PZEV models, whichever occurs first.

IMPORTANT: For High-Voltage batteries in Hybrid models equipped to meet AT-PZEV
requirements, the warranty term is 10 years or 150,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
WHEN THE WARRANTY PERIOD BEGINS

The warranty period begins on the date the vehicle is delivered to either the original retail purchaser or

the original lessee, or if the vehicle is first placed in service as a "demonstrator" or "company" car, on

the date such vehicle is first placed in service.

The following is a generic list of emission-related components which would be covered for 15 years or

150,000 miles, whichever occurs first, for PZEV/AT-PZEV vehicles.

Service Number* Component Covered For 15 Years/150000 Miles

1714 Oil Filler Cap

1726 PCV Valve

1911 Coolant Level Sensor

1913 Coolant Fan Con. Switch

1970 Direct Ozone Reduction (DOR) Radiator/Sensor

1978 Temperature Sending Unit

2005 Fuel Filler Cap

2007 Filler Neck

2010 Fuel Tank

2019 Gravity Valve

2022 Activated Charcoal Line

2024 Canister Purge Solenoid/Valve

2025 Canister

2038 Fuel Feed Line

2039 Fuel Return Line

2044 Fuel Line
2048 Leak Detection Pump
2562 Volume Air Flow Sensor

2567 Vacuum Amplifier

2568 Idle Air Control Valve

2574 Throttle Position Switch/Sensor

2580 Intake Manifold

2588 Idle Air Control Valve System

2604 CO Content Pipe

2610 Exhaust Manifold

2617 Exhaust Pipe (Manifold to Catalyst)

2639 EGR Valve

2640 Secondary Air Injection Shut-Off Check Valve

2641 EGR Vacuum Hoses

2642 EGR Temperature Sensor

2644 Solenoid Valve

2654 Thermal Vacuum Valve

2655 Secondary Air Injection Relay

2665 Secondary Air Injection Pump

2666 Pressure Hose

2668 Anti-Backfire Valve

2670 Pre-catalytic Converter

2672 Three-Way Catalytic Converter Temperature Sensor

2673 Three-Way Catalytic Converter

2817 Ignition Coil Power Output Stage

2820 Ignition Coil (Tri-Coil Pack)

2823 Ignition System Control Module

2830 Distributor Assembly

2832 Distributor Cap

2834 Distributor Rotor

2839 Vehicle Speed Sensors (Camshaft Position Sensor)

2853 Spark Plug Wires

2855 Coil Wire

2870 Spark Plugs

2872 Knock Sensors

2873 Crankshaft Position Sensor

2884 Glow Plug

2885 Glow Plug Relay

3707 Park Neutral Switch

3730 Transmission Control Module

9009 Speed Sensor

9025 Instrument Cluster
N/A MIL Lamp

MISCELLANEOUS COMPONENTS (EMISSIONS-RELATED)

Emissions-related hoses, clamps, belts, pulleys, tubes, fittings, sealing devices, and mounting

hardware are covered if they are used on one of the above components. For example, items such as

defective gaskets would be covered, i.e. Exhaust Manifold Gasket (2609).

The duration of the warranty on any miscellaneous component is equal to the duration of the warranty on the component it is used on.
I’d rather be tuned and have to pay $350 to replace something than drive a boring car

racerboy999

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE DSG (US)
I wasn't aware of this until today... and it saved my butt on 2015 MK7 GTI. I had a check engine light and OBD11 was showing a number of intermittent errors, particularly around the intake manifold.

I brought it to the dealer and threw caution to the wind with the $199 out of warranty diagnostic fee. Turns out it was covered by the PZEV warranty. Bad sensor or something with the intake manifold. I was getting ready for $500+ worth of fun out taken out of my pocket and into the service department's hands. Instead, free!

The list of covered issues is quite extensive... so there's another reason to bring the car to the dealer for repairs.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I wasn't aware of this until today... and it saved my butt on 2015 MK7 GTI. I had a check engine light and OBD11 was showing a number of intermittent errors, particularly around the intake manifold.

I brought it to the dealer and threw caution to the wind with the $199 out of warranty diagnostic fee. Turns out it was covered by the PZEV warranty. Bad sensor or something with the intake manifold. I was getting ready for $500+ worth of fun out taken out of my pocket and into the service department's hands. Instead, free!

The list of covered issues is quite extensive... so there's another reason to bring the car to the dealer for repairs.
My Intake Manifold - a job that costs somewhere around $1,000.00 - was replaced for no charge under the PZEV warranty within the past year.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I voided the Gti’s warranty almost immediately, but I could see where this would pay off big for someone keeping it stock.

Good find!