GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Putting adapters or spacers on a 5x130 wheel to fit my 2017 golf

PradaP

Car(s)
2017 Golf wolfsburg
Hey everyone I’m new to this forum. I recently bought a 2017 golf tsi Wolfsburg edition. I really don’t like the stock wheels on it, so I bought some for a good deal from a private seller locally. However, this guy claimed they were my 5x112 bolt pattern, but come to find out they are 5x130. Regardless, I like the wheels so I want to see what my options are. The wheels are niche brand and are 19x8.5 with a 48mm offset. My question is if I can afford the room to put on some type of adapter or spacer to get the wheels to fit. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Thinnest adapters readily available are 15mm, making your final offset 33mm. Will definitely poke without camber and will require a narrower tire. Niche aren’t terribly expensive, resell and order some in your bolt pattern is my advice.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah as noted 15mm is the smallest and you still need to confirm that the mounting pad of the niche wheel has the cavity space for the lug bolt holes.

Depending on the tires and the ride height 33 offset will work but going to need like -2 up front and -2 in the rear for camber..

I’m running 8.5s with 35mm front and 30mm Rear and even with the car air out on the ground they clear, at ride height I don’t have rubbing issues and they are at -3 at ride in the front and 2.5 in the rears, the fronts still aren’t flush and don’t poke but I cannot go wider due to clearance when airing the car out 1-2” from the ground.

Last edited:

PradaP

Car(s)
2017 Golf wolfsburg
Yeah as noted 15mm is the smallest and you still need to confirm that the mounting pad of the niche wheel has the cavity space for the lug bolt holes.

Depending on the tires and the ride height 33 offset will work but going to need like -2 up front and -2 in the rear for camber..

I’m running 8.5s with 35mm front and 30mm Rear and even with the car air out on the ground they clear, at ride height I don’t have rubbing issues and they are at -3 at ride in the front and 2.5 in the rears, the fronts still aren’t flush and don’t poke but I cannot go wider due to clearance when airing the car out 1-2” from the ground.
So about now much would you think I’m looking at just to get the setup to work with the wheels? Is it worth it? (I’m on stock height currently)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
At stock height you will have to add suspension hardware to get anything near those camber setting, and honestly it’s not going to look good with those offset unless you are going to run the car low. at stock height I think such an aggressive offset with look funky. May be better off selling the wheels

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
So about now much would you think I’m looking at just to get the setup to work with the wheels? Is it worth it? (I’m on stock height currently)

Suspension before wheels always. If you don’t want to do suspension work then stick with 8.5 wide and 45 offset and an OEM size tire.