GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Proven lightweight rotor/caliper package for 16" wheels?

Daner

Go Kart Newbie
For "us" with the lower spec engines......even me & my Stage 1-B Revo tuned 1.4lt...going the extra cost to drop a few extra kgs on the brakes is a VERY difficult equation to square..as they say!!....

All my 17" alloy will clear the 340mm kits, OEM or Tarox, or Retro fit ATE/Brembo Audi/Porsche 4 pot calipers......its just that for the power output the 312mm discs size is good & going bigger to 340mm ADDs more weight even if using alu calipers.....

The downside to the Tarox 6pot caliper (320mm) is I don't think they have dust skirts on the piston like the OEM ATE/Brembo for the 340mm brakes.....so for me in the winter salt etc...a bit of a no-go...

Its something I'm still having problems with!....The Brembo (max type) discs have held up well with the surface that is not rubbed by the pads still fairly rust free...
I don't mind rust on the friction surface of the discs after a night of rain, as it scrubs off quickly in use. It is the ever-present rust on the hats and edges of the discs that I don't like. I also need to clean and repaint the dust shields.

Lustig

Car(s)
'18 Alltrack '08 EOS
I have Prodigywerks CR4 on stock 312mm rotors under Borbet Y 16x7 ET48 with 10mm spacers (so, ET38) and 225-55-16 tires on MK7.5 Golf Alltrack. They've only been on for a couple months. I went through a fairly extensive (aka, nerdy) analysis of creating paper templates based off drawings of calipers and tried them on wheels that I already had. There are pros and cons to the various setups - Prodigywerks, RacingBrake, Ceika, Porsche 986, Wilwood, etc. I'll be able to post more when I fit my winter wheels in a few weeks (and organize my research into something understandable).