GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

production date question for all makes....

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
hallo, is there a specific month in the year that changes the model year of a car from the current year to the next? for example if a car is built in 1998 on a certain month it would still be considered a 98, or if its built past a certain month it would be considered a 1999. also is this switch over month the same for all cars?

racinrabbit1

Ready to race!
you usually see the cars with prod. dates of august or later as being listed as the next year. Most new models will launch around september. So a car manufactured in 8/12 would most likely be considered a 2013 due to the fact that it probably wouldn't hit the sales lot until sometime in september.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
I think it depends on the maker. I remember when my parents were looking for a car, Mercedes had all their 2007's in about September but BMW still only had the 2006.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
the only reason i ask is i ordered a part for a mitsu galant, i went by the build date on the door jamb sticker. i cant remember the month but it said 1998. i went to install the window regulator and i found out it was the wrong one. so i go home and do some research on the web and find a regualtor for a 99 galant that is different. i ask the owner of the car and she said her registration says its a 99. the window regulators are different from the 98 to 99. fml. simple mistake but thats life for ya.