GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Privacy Cover Rattle

MK2MK7

Car(s)
GTI MK7
My 2017 GTI Sport started rattling in the rear corner, and I discovered its source was a little rubber stopper that should sit in the frame on which the privacy cover rests...
Rubber Stopper.png

...had gone missing.

Here.jpeg

Local Dealer's parts department can't find any reference to that part. I don't see it on the parts diagram they sent me (red arrow points at approximate location.)

VW Diagram.png

Anyone know how to identify it so that I can get a replacement? Thanks in advance!

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Mine rattles and still has those plugs in. I had to add felt pads to them to soften the rattle which has helped but they keep falling off because the adhesive dries up over time. I'm thinking I might try and swap to those super strong magnets (bond them in with 2-part epoxy) and keep the thing "locked" in place.

I bet that plug is part of the large piece and is not sold separately which is why it's not identified. Probably wrong about that though.

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
You could just build the area up some some self amalgamating rubber tape....that stuff sticks well and while it won't look perfect will probably do the job.

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
I've seen similar plugs at Home Depot and Lowes and other outlets that sell miscellaneous things so there's probably some plug out there that will fit the hole. Just have to search and find one that works.

1682382859037.png