GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price Rise & Spec Changes

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
This is interesting that cars built at week 22 get the spec changes... I think my car won't be built until then (I still haven't got a build date) but surely they can't change specs having signed off on a certain spec when you ordered the car? Don't get me wrong I'd love the newer specs I'm sure but doubt I'd be that lucky... How would you find out if you get the new specs?
Nope - if they add something to the standard spec you get it. If they take something away you don't get it.

If something that was standard becomes optional you don't get it either.

If something that you ordered as an option becomes standard they will normally give you a rebate.

Read the small print "VW retain the right to make changes without notice etc etc".

GOLF NUTT

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI
GPF, if that is the case with the 2015 model year golf and not getting the IRS will make the Golf a no sale for me. Will just stick with the MKVI. for a long long time. I don't really want a GTI at my age, 67 going on 21.

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
As above - 150ACT from Wk17. And of course there must be major changes to most engines later in the year as Euro 6 is required from next year. Polo facelift now has all Euro 6 engines and Golfs etc must follow later this summer - August after break - for full MY2015.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if the performance figures/mpg for the revised 140ACT will change significantly with the 150ACT engine in the GT model?

Last edited:

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Wonder why the driver side storage drawer is going on the SE? It's not exactly a massive storage space so perhaps that's why it's going.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
I'm gutted I've missed out on having a heated steering wheel !:(

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
I got an email today saying my car should be here in late august and my build week was 29.

There was no answer to getting the new 150 PS engine though! :(

Ian2

Passed Driver's Ed
I had an email last week saying I had an unconfirmed build week of 29 too. Has the tracker updated for you, and just out of interest when did you place your order?

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
I ordered last Saturday afternoon and got the email about my build date being potentially week 29 this morning. Though he did say he'd confirm this with me when he knew for sure.

Tracker still says step 2 :(

Wish I knew for sure our week 29's would get the new spec.

ColinStone

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII 2016 Match BM
Does anyone know if the performance figures/mpg for the revised 140ACT will change significantly with the 150ACT engine in the GT model?

www.volkswagen.de has all new Euro 6 engines for 2015.

150 ACT 0-100 kmh 8.2 Top 216 kmh

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Hmmm I may well consider that Polo considering, it comes with a proper no nonsense handbrake and a reasonably specced car will cost less than the Golf. A simple Hill Hold and mechanical handbrake is preferable any time to what the Golf offers in that respect.

Auto Hold and EPB get mixed reviews on here but have you actually driven a car with these features? You may (although I suspect not) be pleasantly surprised at how intuitive they are. I personally think, once you know how to use them and understand the interaction with the seat belt both features work really well.

SonicAaron

Ready to race!
www.volkswagen.de has all new Euro 6 engines for 2015.

150 ACT 0-100 kmh 8.2 Top 216 kmh

Whats Euro 6?

I went into the German site and made my way through their site depite my lack of german fluency haha. . .got to the configure bit, and it seems like their Highline comes with XENONS as standard as even the low 1.4 has them in the picture - I'd to pay a grand for those last week lol.

Is Euro 6 a new spec? . . .is the 150PS model that I'm getting that haha :eek:

krob2

Passed Driver's Ed
Economy on the new 150 is 60.1mpg combined (140 is 58.9) .Co2 on German site is put at 109 which would make the tax £20 instead of £30 on the 140. So marginal differences. Is there something like a particulate filter to make it Euro 6 compliant?