GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price Check: Used OEM Charleston 18's with Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S

mpuk

Is $650 a good price for a set of OEM 18 Charleston Wheels (GLI style) with the poorly rated Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S wheels?

The rims look nice, but i've heard the tires are not so great, don't last too long and have sidewall bubble issues.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Charlestons were on the 2007 Fahrenheit edition GLI & GTI's, and then again on the 2010 TDI Cup Edition.
Possibly on some early MK6 GLI's, but VERY rare

So I'd check the date code on the tires first, they might not even be any good still anyways.

They're a sharp looking wheel though, assuming they're in good condition. They're notorious for the clear coat failing/peeling on them though & then the machined finish can corrode

mpuk

Charlestons were on the 2007 Fahrenheit edition GLI & GTI's, and then again on the 2010 TDI Cup Edition.
Possibly on some early MK6 GLI's, but VERY rare

So I'd check the date code on the tires first, they might not even be any good still anyways.

They're a sharp looking wheel though, assuming they're in good condition. They're notorious for the clear coat failing/peeling on them though & then the machined finish can corrode

They're definitely the newer ones, could be rare - but they look familiar - maybe they went under a different name? Here's a photo...