Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I will not vote because nobody deserves my vote

Votes: 22 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hwcn

Ready to race!
If i wanted to call you a racist I would have. I dont know you well enough. I did however go after your demographic: A white southern male, right leaning, gun owning, typical backward thinking non-progressive. You are as dumb as inflexible in thought. You cannot look beyond your tiny little world. You have never walked an inch in another human beings shoes. You probably teach GYM at the same High School which you attended. You love Daytona beach for spring break and traveling anyplace outside the norm would be a trip to Whole Foods. Just commenting on your voting demographic.

Well done! The stereotyping, hating, and inflexible thought that you displayed in your missive certainly has negated any point you were trying to make.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
If i wanted to call you a racist I would have. I dont know you well enough. I did however go after your demographic: A white southern male, right leaning, gun owning, typical backward thinking non-progressive. You are as dumb as inflexible in thought. You cannot look beyond your tiny little world. You have never walked an inch in another human beings shoes. You probably teach GYM at the same High School which you attended. You love Daytona beach for spring break and traveling anyplace outside the norm would be a trip to Whole Foods. Just commenting on your voting demographic.

Why the gun hate :). I'm a Democrat...and have a fuck shit ton of guns... literal armory that would make the Punisher tear up. I am also a firm believer in gun control... if there is a gun around...I want control of it.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
The reasoning behind the second amendment was to give the people the right to protect themselves from government. The government and the police shouldn't be the only ones with guns in a free society. People take freedom for granted in this country. People want to limit ones freedom because they don't agree with it. I don't own a gun and I never will but I will never try to tell someone how they should live their life.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
It was arguably more as a self defense against other nations, etc, than our own government, and it was also written 230+ years ago, but other than that, yes.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
It was arguably more as a self defense against other nations, etc, than our own government, and it was also written 230+ years ago, but other than that, yes.

Even the supreme court doesn't agree with that interpretation. What you are quoting is a brady campaign talking point.

Consider what the framers of The Constitution had just accomplished in their very recent history.

A Group of Militia private citizens with their personally owned weapons defeated the most powerful country on earth. In the process founding one of the greatest nations in history based on personal freedom of the citizens.

The Second is there to ensure that if the need ever arose again that future generations could accomplish the same feat. Or at least have access to the tools to attempt it.

The Second is to protect the Right of every citizen of the United States of America to own weapons not only for hunting and sport but for defense of themselves. And yes even to defend themselves from their own government in dark times.

Owning a gun is a Right. And a Personal Responsibility.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
sure, I agree with that. Esp the responsibility part. Again, I am a gunowner. And aren't you the one who posted the AR-15 or whatever in this thread or was that someone else from the Dirty South?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
dirty south -its slang/whatever/joke type thing.

well, considering people keep shooting eachother, mental checks may be in order as well as limits on ammo. The thought of "overthrowing" the gov't in current day society is quite laughable though.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
dirty south -its slang/whatever/joke type thing.

Sorry I fail to see the joke.

It's been a constant trend in this thread to attack "the south" and yet I've seen no reason for it. Strangely enough it keeps coming from the northern folks from chicago and other points north. Also lots of racist attacks from the same area.

What I've not seen are attacks in the other direction. There may have been a few but not nearly at the same level.

USSR, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iran, Syria, Oman, Equatorial Guinea, Sudan, Chad, Qatar, Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic, Fiji, Mauritania, Madagascar, Mali, Guinea-Bissau, Cuba, etc.

These are just a few governments in modern times that were overthrown one way or another. Some by force some not.

To say it's laughable is silly. It happens fairly regularly. Nothing man made is forever, not even governments.

What I do hope is nothing ever happens in mine or my children's lifetimes. You just have to look at Syria to see the ugliness that results.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
um, ok.

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion

We should still not take that document for granted....... We give up our liberty too much in this country under the false pretense of protecting our safety, ie gun control or the patriot act is a perfect example. Warrantless searches to prevent terrorism. Yeah ok, next thing you know when you disagree with government your a terrorist. It can and will happen. Who is going to stop them? I hated that the Bush justice department had this power and it's a crying shame Obama and the democrats extended it.

I just want to clarify that I don't believe everyone walking around NYC with a gun in their pocket is a good thing........lol. NYC has probably the toughest gun laws in the country with mandatory prison time for simple possession in public. But if the people in Texas or any other state for that matter don't want strict gun laws I say live and let live.

Status
Not open for further replies.