GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powerflex front wishbone front bush camber adjustable

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Bringing this back from the dead. I just placed an order for these, along with the Superpro offset caster bushings for the rear position. Anyone else have experience with the camber adjustable PowerFlex front bushings?

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
FYI, ordered the Powerflex bushings from Ebay on Sunday. They arrived from the UK this morning. That's impressive!

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Been running powerflex race bushings in my mk6 for a few years, I've got all of the bushings front and rear, they're great quality, would expect the same for the mk7 platform

Are they the camber adjustable ones in the front position of the front LCA? I'm curious if you've experienced any slippage of the offset insert?

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Update.

So the Powerflex bushings allow you to adjust camber. Pic from FCP for attention:

However, once installed, there's not enough room to actually adjust them via the wrench while on the car. So they do offer a benefit, but I had been optimistic that it was going to be something I could tweak during "track day prep" to go between track/street camber (I can adjust toe at home).

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
where do you not have room? because of the transmission? or something else?

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
where do you not have room? because of the transmission? or something else?

The steel "housing" around the bolt. There's just not enough room. I'll try to take a pic with the wheel off later this week. With the 6 speed GTIs, the transmission isn't in the way at all.

Last edited:

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Here's a decent picture... you can see the little "lips" that come down to the bottom of the bolt. That's the interference of adjusting the camber.

And of course from the, "well, it's only money" side of things.

The aluminum S3 subframe looks like it doesn't have those lips.

pseudorealityx

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
So I put my money where my mouth was... Audi subframe on the way. Got one for stupid cheap from a local salvage yard.