GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Steering Issue

Elysium

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been experiencing an issue with my power steering the last couple of days. It occurs after about 15-20 mins of driving and feels like I have two front flat tires with some dead spots while turning. It goes away once I shut the vehicle and restart but consistently comes back now.
The dealer scanned it with no codes so they'll have to do some more investigating.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elysium

Passed Driver's Ed
The issue corrected itself which is a little concerning, but the dealer scanned it a couple of times with no codes.

Ferrari

Ready to race!
I've been experiencing an issue with my power steering the last couple of days. It occurs after about 15-20 mins of driving and feels like I have two front flat tires with some dead spots while turning. It goes away once I shut the vehicle and restart but consistently comes back now.
The dealer scanned it with no codes so they'll have to do some more investigating.

I had the same issue with my 2015 GTI. This fixed it...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...ometimes-at-highway-speeds&highlight=steering

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/533535-2013-Steering-Issues-VAG-COM-Fix

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ith-car-again-after-best-mod-ever-DSR-Disable

R-Happy

I recently purchased a nearly new MK7.5 Golf R 3Dr DSG 2700 miles with a load of options including DCC and 19" Black Pret's on Conti's. Overall I'm delighted with the car, however, for me it has one major issue, the steering !
On straight roads it tends to self steer, requiring constant minute corrections to keep it running in a straight line/keep it in lane etc. On constant curves, again it won't hold a line, requiring small constant minute left/right steering adjustments. side winds also affect it especially at high speeds - motorway etc. It's more apparent in the "Normal" setting, in Comfort mode it's not quite so bad - but still not to my liking. I find it unacceptable and very tiresome to drive, you simply can't relax, take your eye of the road ahead for a split second and the car wanders.
My local VAG dealer has road tested and checked the car and found no problem. They commented "the car has a high geared steering rack and although they could understand what I was on about, that's just the way the car is, and I'd get used to it once I'd put some miles on it".
Em sorry - but that just does not cut it for me - if it does not feel/drive right now, that's not going to change regardless of how many miles I put on it !
The dealer also set the tyre pressures to 34psi - even although the door data sticker shows 38psi. I'm presently running them at 36psi as a trial compromise.

After doing some research on the net, it would appear that there are loads of owners of Golf/S3's etc not happy with the steering on their cars. I'm assuming the GTi/S3 has the same or similar electric dual pinion steering rack as the Golf R ?
If so, it appears it may be possible to fix to this sticky/self steering issue by disabling the DSR (Driver Steering Recommendation) setting, a part of the ESP assist system.
I've also noticed that switching the ESC to Sport Mode or OFF appears to slightly help this odd steering issue....very strange ...........

I'd be very interested to hear comments from any other MK7.5 Golf R owner than has similar steering issues, and also if they have tried disabling the DSR setting, and if it helped/made a difference.

Giftedx29

Ready to race!
I recently purchased a nearly new MK7.5 Golf R 3Dr DSG 2700 miles with a load of options including DCC and 19" Black Pret's on Conti's. Overall I'm delighted with the car, however, for me it has one major issue, the steering !
On straight roads it tends to self steer, requiring constant minute corrections to keep it running in a straight line/keep it in lane etc. On constant curves, again it won't hold a line, requiring small constant minute left/right steering adjustments. side winds also affect it especially at high speeds - motorway etc. It's more apparent in the "Normal" setting, in Comfort mode it's not quite so bad - but still not to my liking. I find it unacceptable and very tiresome to drive, you simply can't relax, take your eye of the road ahead for a split second and the car wanders.
My local VAG dealer has road tested and checked the car and found no problem. They commented "the car has a high geared steering rack and although they could understand what I was on about, that's just the way the car is, and I'd get used to it once I'd put some miles on it".
Em sorry - but that just does not cut it for me - if it does not feel/drive right now, that's not going to change regardless of how many miles I put on it !
The dealer also set the tyre pressures to 34psi - even although the door data sticker shows 38psi. I'm presently running them at 36psi as a trial compromise.

After doing some research on the net, it would appear that there are loads of owners of Golf/S3's etc not happy with the steering on their cars. I'm assuming the GTi/S3 has the same or similar electric dual pinion steering rack as the Golf R ?
If so, it appears it may be possible to fix to this sticky/self steering issue by disabling the DSR (Driver Steering Recommendation) setting, a part of the ESP assist system.
I've also noticed that switching the ESC to Sport Mode or OFF appears to slightly help this odd steering issue....very strange ...........

I'd be very interested to hear comments from any other MK7.5 Golf R owner than has similar steering issues, and also if they have tried disabling the DSR setting, and if it helped/made a difference.
did you ever get this issue resolved? currently happening to me aswell and its quite annoying..

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
You should try an old car. Modern electric PAS dead, feel-free straight-line-stability is boring as hell. The Corrado on the other hand requires constant steering input to keep the car going in any given direction.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You should try an old car. Modern electric PAS dead, feel-free straight-line-stability is boring as hell. The Corrado on the other hand requires constant steering input to keep the car going in any given direction.

And you like that?