GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
What @Lori87Mi posted above....THAT is the "entire installation instructions". Like I've said earlier here, they don't provide a lot of installation information (and then some of the translation....🤔) .....you kinda gotta feel your way through things.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If you haven't purchased yet, I found a different model of power hatch that connects into the car's wiring from the connector behind the HVAC panel. (Note that one is for the Variant - I'm sure they sell one for the normal Golf as well).
Alibaba seller (NOT Aliexpress). But process was much the same, just took a little longer until it shipped, but still arrived within a couple weeks this past summer.

With all of these, don't think you're going to get clear and detailed instructions....you gotta do a lot of figuring on your own (how to run wires, which wires go where). I planned to do a how-to write-up, but it's fallen down the to-do list, unfortunately. 🫤
What is this variant vs normal golf thing?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
"Variant" = wagon
We only get / got the Golf "Sportwagen" here in NAR, but in other markets, there's the Passat Variant along with the Golf Variant; and of course the Arteon "Shooting Brake" (also a wagon aka variant).

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
This step is not clear to me, because the manual says: "CAN wire plug is NOT connected with the large plug behind the air conditioning control panel"

1698654593703.png

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
It's not connected with the LARGE plug; it's connected with the SMALLER plug behind the HVAC panel.
Hi, I bought the kit you showed me on AliBaba, it arrived in a week.

There are no instructions in the box. in addition to the ones I pasted in the previous post.

Can you tell me what this yellow cable without connectors is for?
1699457297173.png

Thank you

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Can't remember off-hand. I do remember there being a wire that wasn't needed in my installation.
Take a look at how large it is and what end of the loom it's at - looks like it might be Terminal30 (continuous power) wire (?).

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Contact the seller at Alibaba - they were pretty good about getting back to me with answers to questions. But like I mentioned above, the instructions are sparse, so you have to kinda feel your way through the installation.
(I just ordered another set from them for my wife's A3 e-tron. :D )

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
that yellow cable is part of the cables that connect the can bus adapter to the air conditioning... I hope it's not a non-plug and play connection

I have found another purple cable that I don't understand where I need to connect..
20231108_174538.jpg

Last edited:

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
If you have a current iPhone (and I'm guessing Android?), the photo app will offer to translate things like that.
This is what I got from my iPhone on that wire:
Power.hatch.purple.wire.huh.jpg

I have no idea what that means either. :D

That was the one I was thinking of above - I specifically asked "Vera" (representative at the AliB seller) and that was the one where she said "not all wires are used on all cars".

IIRC, the yellow one in your initial question is quite a heavy-gauge wire (compared to most of the others, indicating that it's for power).

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
To say it's "plug and play" is over-simplifying the process. But with that said, in general, figuring out the wiring was pretty obvious, too, once I understood what the purpose of everything was (which, yes - took me some time, but wiring / electrical is not exactly a strength of mine. :) )

And in general, if you get all of the wiring correct, there's no extra coding or adaptations that need to be done.

To allay your fears, the CAN connection at the back of the HVAC panel was fairly fool-proof and straightforward - unplug, put adapter from AliB wiring loom in there, replug ==> done!

Lori87Mi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7
thank you so much for your explanations, I'm now chatting with Vera to get some confirmation.

another doubts for me, there is no buzzer in my box. Should that be what makes the action sounds?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Haha - I asked Vera that exact question. :)
Turns out, that's a feature, not a bug: The buzzer (more of a "beep") is built right into the control box, so there's no need to wire in yet another thing. It's more than loud enough.

Once you get everything wired up, be sure to follow the instructions for "pairing" the buttons with the box (I think it's just like press-and-hold for 5sec or something). And then you can also adjust the height as well as the speed at which the gate opens and closes. And that speed is indeed noticeable. Of the six available speeds, I think I'm currently on #5 - just about the fastest one. But play around with it and see which you prefer.