GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powder Coating in Central/Northern NJ

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Anyone know of a shop in Central or Northern NJ that offers powder coating services? After nearly 10 years, 3 cars and some serious tri-state road abuse, they are in dire need of being re-powder coated.
Thinking of changing the color up as well. Maybe a gunmetal or darker silver.

Pic for attention:
IMG_6108.jpg

chuncomunco

Passed Driver's Ed
If you don't mind taking a little trip to upstate NY, I recommend Proformance Industries in New Rochelle.

Top notch work. You'll pay a little more than the typical wheel repair place, but totally worth it.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
If you don't mind taking a little trip to upstate NY, I recommend Proformance Industries in New Rochelle.

Top notch work. You'll pay a little more than the typical wheel repair place, but totally worth it.

That would have been good when I was living in the Bronx. I'm in Bedminster, NJ now so New Rochelle isn't a trip I'd like to make any time soon. Thanks though!

FRANKIEWALLNUTS

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW mk7 Gti
I’m in Northern NJ. In Vernon across from the ski resort mountain creek. I use TRG powder coating and he is amazingly talented. His parts come out like glossy paint. Very reasonably priced as well. If u want more info DM me and I will attach his business number. His shop is in Newfoundland NJ.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
I’m in Northern NJ. In Vernon across from the ski resort mountain creek. I use TRG powder coating and he is amazingly talented. His parts come out like glossy paint. Very reasonably priced as well. If u want more info DM me and I will attach his business number. His shop is in Newfoundland NJ.

Thanks, I'll reach out and get a quote. One of my CH's has a bend in the outer lip, and TRG looks like they do wheel repair as well (y)

Tom at Static Coatings in Clifton, NJ did a great job powder coating my Pretoria's in Gun Metal.
Static Coatings

Do you know if they also do wheel repair or just powder coating? Do you have pictures of your Prets? Trying to decide is gunmetal is right for me or if I want to go with something a bit lighter.

rt_gti

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Do you know if they also do wheel repair or just powder coating? Do you have pictures of your Prets? Trying to decide is gunmetal is right for me or if I want to go with something a bit lighter.

Yes, they also repair wheels. I know looks are subjective, but I would choose a lighter shade. The gunmetal with metallic flakes I chose looks too dark in the shade for me.
IMG_2631.JPG

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Thanks!

Yea definitely don't want to do black and don't want anything that dark that they will look black at night, in the shade or on cloudy days.

2010GTI4me

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Received word from TRG they can "smooth, fill and blend" curb rash before applying the powder coat, but they can't repair bends or straighten/balance wheels.

Haven't heard back from Static Coatings yet.